Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,134 Posts
IMO, definitely not practical and may not ever be unless there are some downright huge advances in solar tech.
It would take TONs of solar panels to charge a vehicle battery the size needed for our vans in any practical timeframe. Not worth it IMO, better to put solar on your house and use that to charge your batteries :)

This coming from someone that absolutely loves solar and the convenience of it for my house and RVs. I would love to have an electric vehicle if I actually drove often enough for it to make sense. I will stick with the solar that is on my house and solar for charging RV house batteries.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 1994 safari. My engine in knocks and my transmission is going out. It is my first vehicle. But now I can't drive it reliability and I don't want to V8 swap it. So should I either buy another V6 or get my V6 rebuilt? I'm already leaning on buying a 4L65E Transmission to put in it
I have a 1994 safari. My engine in knocks and my transmission is going out. It is my first vehicle. But now I can't drive it reliability and I don't want to V8 swap it. So should I either buy another V6 or get my V6 rebuilt? I'm already leaning on buying a 4L65E Transmission to put in it
I pulled out a knocking engine from the front of a 1994 Astro. The top radiator mount just unbolted and i pulled it out the front. wasn't too tough

21 - 23 of 23 Posts