Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Im getting ready to do a ls swap on my 90 asto ..

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  stent 
#1 ·
Now before I begin me and my pops already done a v8 swap and this astro already a head turner being that it is chopped 4 inches and dropped 3in .. but now it's time out with the old in with the new I mean we already have the know how obviously but I'm jus curious on what others have went with as far a certain parts ...

What I have :
- 4th gen 5.3 with the harness and all front. drive accessories

What I need to ask about :
- which headers are best fit ?
- Will the original truck oil pan be ok or go. with a f-body one?
- best radiator for fitment ?
- will I need different drive accessories in. order for it to all fit in there or maybe jus. different locations on them?
- also the best bang for buck fuel sytem?

I planned on going with a fbody oil pan .. grabbing a fast 92mm intake also slapping these genx 220 heads on her ... and tbh my dad's often talked about putting the motor behind my seats and I want to tub it as well but that might be further down the road

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok thanks for the information

Well like I said my van is one of a kind so the amount of work isn't a problem it's my summer vehicle and priceless to me and also I have a 350 in it already ... but that's why I was asking the questions about parts because I've always wanted to tub it and in order to do that I'd have to build a frame and ne telling my dad this he says I've always wanted to put the motor behind the seats . Lol but the funny thing is he was serious and has the know how lol

#7 ·
With the extra width and extra deck height of the LS engines, you probably want manifolds that are tucked snugly against the block. Hooker has a nice looking set of cast manifolds for LS type engines, and that might fill the bill for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.