Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
Oh my, the hose in the diff made me snort beer EVERYWHERE. Thanks for that :rolleyes:

Yeah, those fuel lines are nasty. Time to replace them before it becomes a problem on the road.

Those brake lines look like cunifer, which is a good thing.

Reactions: NoQuarter

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
It looks like a stock wheel, but it's really hard to tell. And my center caps have the plastic nut covers - older 5-lug wheels have the solid center cap.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
Power steering cooler.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
I use a hammer and a sacrificial screwdriver (has a notch in the tip). Never used the correct tool...

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
I spray the hell out of the lockring with PB Blaster, then just lightly tap-tap on each one, roundy-roundy. I don't try to make anything move at first, mostly just help the PB get in there and shake stuff loose. It takes a while but it does work.

The notch keeps the screwdriver from slipping. Keep it as horizontal as possible. Oh - and there's a flat o-ring under, which you will need to replace.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
I really don't get it. You use the tool to release the tension, then you unscrew the bolt and remove the key.

What's holding the bar in the key????

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts

This is from my '00, which came to me from PA.

Detail from above. There's nothing holding the bar in place. Whack it upwards from below, then side to side.

Wood Gas Door Metal Natural material

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
Yep. In my experience, even on my rusty van (the ‘99 former airport shuttle), the bar was loose as soon as you relieved the tension on the key. The bar wiggles out with no trouble and god help you if you forgot to have a hand on the key when you did that, because that monster heavy chunk would fall on you.

In fact, you have to hold up the key to get the bar out

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,158 Posts
Yikes…:oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts