Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am really interested in the 4x4 swap but I use my van for lumber/material hauling and I want to keep the space between the front seats clear. Do I just need to figure out how to keep the electric shift to 4x4 or do you have any other ideas?

-Jim
I kept mine 233 electric not all that hard to wire up. I did not want that goofy shifter right in my way. Also Im not sure if it would work with a 3+ body lift. Lifting the body now changes the angles of the linkage. Likely making it even harder to engage. I like Musicmans But wont work with power seat base.
I find it funny how you hear "the electric shift fails", but yet think nothing of fixing other things that are prone or known to fail as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The linkage is adjustable so I'd did not run into issues. After a day of messing around, I found that the transfer case shifts the best in neutral on a flat surface View attachment 280988
with your foot off the brake
Would you post pic of the linkage? That is the distance of the throw at the top of the shifter, 4low to 2 high? That is something I haven't seen or read about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts