Well... more of a "Rebirth" or "Return"... to the Van my wife and I enjoyed driving Out West back in 95'. I really owe it to this tired old vehicle to "Make it feel right again".
Don't get me wrong - it is still driveable - Xmas trees, pallets of sod, 7 family members, GAP outlet store runs, who needs to go where and with what? , etc, etc, etc... But, I can't put these off for too long much longer. The other car ( 2006 Altima SE ) is finally out of the shop and trustworthy enough to take the van "out of service" for an extended period.
I have till August 2015 ( Whew, hope it doesn't take THAT long ). We are planning a trip to Sturgis 75th Anniv. and points west with my wife's sister and her husband ( who are "Harley Davidson aficionados" ). They will be driving another van ( brand X ) and pulling their bikes on a trailer. Wife and I will help with pulling "The Toys".
Need to do / Things to do / Want to do
1) JY Fuel door release - Lever flops around - Cable end still intact - Latch still works
- update: still need OEM lever from JY, but was able to temp. repair the cable end/lever capture point.
2) JY Replace headliner / repair / visors - loose - entire - front to back - deadening - insulation
3) JY Engine fan clutch OR Electric fan & relay conversion
4) Cruise control not working - check all vacuum fittings and hoses - elecs. & servo system
5) Heater / A/C vent controls selector - chk. vacuum system - JY replacement dash control unit
6) Hard idle - in gear
7) Electric door locks balky
8) JY Windows slow - one slows the other
9) Bad Ground - in dash?
10) Ammeter bounces with blinker
11) Engine elec. / Alternator noise thru stereo - AM - need RADIO GROUND TO METAL
12) Shocks - all four - would like smooth "cushy ride" OEM style
13) Body - Frame mounts / bushings - noisy over bumps
14) Stereo / amp. refurbish - heat - cavity in heater duct - wiring - door speakers/subs - insulation/deadening
15) Sliding door / bearings / clean / grease
16) Door seals - silicone
17) Interior panels / Carpet cleaning
18) JY Seat belt latch covers - plastic shroud
19) OEM Reese hitch ball carrier and locking retainer pin - ball set - offset? - extender?
20) Trailer wiring harness - permanent? - routing to plug - hideaway / swing up
21) Dents - minor above l.r. wheel & on sliding door/r.r. wheel well
22) Fog lights get working / rework - reseal - mechanical and elec.
23) JY Glove compartment release broken - 2nd time
24) Complete chassis lube
25) Steering / suspension component / bushings check
26) JY Rear stabilizer bar & related parts - JY?
27) Sound proofing, deadening, insulation
28) GAS MILEAGE issues - emissions systems, cat, exhaust
29) PERFORMANCE issues - head & intake work, cam, CAI - CPI vs TBI
Yes - have quite a bit to do. They are in some sort of order - starting with my/it's most immediate needs and I realize that some will be taken care with others as one item is fixed. IE: 7) door locks balky, 8) Windows slow or never, 9) Bad Ground issues, 10) Ammeter bounces and 11) Alternator noise thru stereo will probably tie together to some degree.
As will 2) Hdliner, 14) stereo, door spkrs. & insulation, 15) Sliding door, 16) Door seals, 17) Interior panels / Carpet cleaning and 27) Sound proofing, etc. will be taken care of concurrently.
Vacuum issues the same... 4) Cruise and 5) A/C controls
I will be referring to these items under the #)s assigned and will do my best to take as many GOOD photos as I can - PROMISE. Scouts Honor? Now - onto the Headliner...