Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several posts about code 35 but no real fix. I have only seen the check engine light come on for an instant and go off 3 times, so I got code 35. Where to start looking, as the van runs and starts perfectly, also perfect idle. Should I be concerned as everything is running well.

Thanks for any input.:confused:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a brand-new IAC valve sitting on a shelf ready to replace, what is the most common size vacuum line on a 1994 Astro, I want to be ready to start with most of what I need to do the job.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,754 Posts
Are you sure it's idling perfectly? The code sets if the idle is either high or low by 150-200rpm for a period of time.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a tach & I don't know if I can discern a 100-200 rpm difference, but to me it is very normal, but I am 74 years old so.... I will replace the valve and clean where it goes into & all the vacuum lines just to be sure while I am in there, with the doghouse off. I will have to wait a while as the weather is going to get cold for a few days, then tackle the job.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,754 Posts
I don't have a 94, but probably 3, 4 and 6mm judging by my hose drawer.

A lot of times the gasket on the bottom of the TBI degrades as well.

Checking your intake/etc with an unlit propane torch can help. Normal disclaimers and warnings apply.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the replies, I will let you know how the repair goes.
thanks again

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it was warm today 65, so out comes the passenger seat & then the dog house, check for a vacuum leak & sure enough, the IAC is loose and is sucking in air. I had a new IAC & washer, on it goes, fire it up, problem gone. Well I got lucky for a change, an easy fix. Beer time now!!!!!!
Supposed to get frigid after tomorrow with wind chills at 10 below zero, glad I had very nice weather.

Reactions: Bikley
1 - 9 of 9 Posts