Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 92 Safari for 20 years this summer, but the underneath was rusted bad with a hole in the frame. Last year my Pa. inspection mechanics said that they would put a sticker on it, but that would be the last.
It was originally a Zee Medical van that had 50,000 miles on it when they gave it back to the dealer for resale. The lady who then bought it used it for hand painting Office interiors with lettering and designs. I bought it 20 years ago for $2700.00 and maintained it all the way to the end.
The second lady owner took care of it, but parked it outside over grass, which I believe caused the underneath rust. The salvage yard gave me $400.00 for it and insisted that they were just going to scrap it.
At 67 years old, I've owned Porsche 356's, Austin Healey's, MG's, 66 Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint GT and many many cool cars. But for once I'm sad to see the van go. Thanks for the forum, its been a big help over the years.
Rob

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,037 Posts
but parked it outside over grass, which I believe caused the underneath rust.
That will do it every time, the humidity just stays there and rots everything out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
😥 2 see Your SAFARI is gone BUT DANG U had A GRAND 20 YEARS did U NOT so U were BLESSED 2 😇🥰
I KNOW the day I gotta park My RUTHIE in my driveway is gonna B 😩 😫 the WORST but until then I am taking the BEST LOVIN CARE ❤ of her that I can & NOT PARKING on the GRASS !!!
When her ball joint assembly dropped right in the front of our driveway last week I almost thought ..... CRAP is this 😕 her end but called My TRUSTWORTHY HONEST MECHANIC right away & he said, NO WORRIES I CAN FIX HER & HE HAS & even made her SAFER!!
U TAKE CARE & REMEMBER ALL YOUR
" SAFARI" MEMORIES & KNOW SHE WAS BETTER THEN ANY of those " other" cars U have owned 😉
There is a REASON WE R CALLED
ASTROHOLICS or SAFARIHOLICS 😆 ❤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts