Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2002 Astro AWD LS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 Astro AWD with 134,000 miles. It's a Wisconsin winter surviver so the suspension is all rusted out. I want to do an entire suspension redo. Looking for some advice on where to go to get the best bang for my buck. I'm wanted to keep it simple with stock ride hight since it's will be mostly driven back and forth between Wisconsin and Utah. See

· Premium Member
1,140 Posts
You going to rebuild the front end? New leaf springs? Or you just talking about shocks? Ranch shocks are popular. I like KYB. type shocks in the search bar. Bump stops? May be gone if it’s rusty.

· Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I just rebuilt my front end. I used mevotec. Had the steering box done by blue top. Lots of guys use red top. I did every part new. I went with KYB shocks. Switched to general grabbers stock size. It feels great. I have done nothing to the rear springs on my 2002, but have a set of HD. rear springs from SD. springs. Those would give you about 3 inches of lift. SD springs can give you anything you need. Are you going to lift it any? If so look at Journey off road they can help. Use the search box on this site and you can find just about anything. No struts on an AWD they have torsion bars. Don’t mess with those if you don’t understand them. You going to do the work yourself? Music man just posted a great how to on torsion bar and lower arm removal with pics. You should post on your profile info on your van, year, LT or ls ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts