Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my first astro after a long time wanting one. Absolutely love it. Currently sound deadening and insulating it and upgrading the sound system and eventually want to add a rock n roll bed and storage unit/kitchen as it currently only has 2 bench seats in the rear.

Hopefully there are a few members here from the UK as astrosafari.co.uk doesn't appear to be working?

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

· Registered
229 Posts
Nice looking van. How about some more info about it. Mileage, year, etc..and if it's not being too nosey, how much you paid? Any specific plans on the sound system? I was on the fence about installing a DD due to the dash trim cutting, but glad I did. Love that with appleplay I've got my nav. system right on the "big" screen. I converted my van to include some of what you're planning. There are pics in the build thread section that might give you some ideas. And oh yeah, welcome.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its registered 1995 and was imported to the UK in 2001. Only has 46000 miles. I have an alpine touch screen head unit with 9 inch screen. Pull down tv/dvd player in the back (will add pics soon). Boyd coddington alloys. Barnstormer dual exit exhaust system. Wax oiled underneath, upgraded front halo headlights and upgraded rear lights. Xenon body kit, well i assume is all xenon as its stamped on the side skirts but not the bumpers?
Paid £4500 for it.
I'm changing all the standard speakers to components and will probably add a subwoofer or 2 .

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking van. How about some more info about it. Mileage, year, etc..and if it's not being too nosey, how much you paid? Any specific plans on the sound system? I was on the fence about installing a DD due to the dash trim cutting, but glad I did. Love that with appleplay I've got my nav. system right on the "big" screen. I converted my van to include some of what you're planning. There are pics in the build thread section that might give you some ideas. And oh yeah, welcome.
This is the stereo I have, rather than installing a DD.

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
Hi all, just got my first astro after a long time wanting one. Absolutely love it.
Fan-freaking-tastic looking van!!
Welcome to the site!

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
Not affiliated at all, probably just shut down due to lack of interest. There are a few members from across the pond but not sure how many are currently active on the forum.

· Registered
'93 Astro LT Ext w/ FE3 (RWD), 7 Passenger, Dutch Doors, Med Teal, 4.3 V6
254 Posts
Its registered 1995 and was imported to the UK in 2001. Only has 46000 miles. I have an alpine touch screen head unit with 9 inch screen. Pull down tv/dvd player in the back (will add pics soon). Boyd coddington alloys. Barnstormer dual exit exhaust system. Wax oiled underneath, upgraded front halo headlights and upgraded rear lights. Xenon body kit, well i assume is all xenon as its stamped on the side skirts but not the bumpers?
Paid £4500 for it.
I'm changing all the standard speakers to components and will probably add a subwoofer or 2 .
Really nice! I think that was a great buy at that milage and with those extras. Love the wheels on that van. I was really into lowered astros when Truckin' magazine used to cover them in every issue, Yours has the classic look. Awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts