Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

myself and my partner acquired this 96 Astro (japaneseAWD in Spain and drove it back to uk

needs a repaint due to 12years of sun ruining the paint work but drives amazing

hope you all like the photos and is there anything we need to look out for that may need Maintenance (fluids, belts, etc)

it’s only done just 100k miles

regards

Anthony

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive side-view mirror
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Wheel

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one bad looking exhaust tip. (and van)👍
Air ride. If it doesn't have air, gaudy as I personally think they are in most cases, this van certainly needs it.😃
It certainly does get some attention when driving it, I have caught people taking photos with it and had boy racers honking their horns in appreciation

do you mean air suspension? I think it’s standards suspension on the van but good shout and maybe something I will look into next year but gotta find suppliers for parts as we in uk and not as many as I guess there is in US

regards

anthony

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that bad baby's got "shaggin' wagon" written all over it, and at only 100k she'll love you long time.

as a former undercar mechanic, i'd appreciate a peek under her skirt. if you'd care to share, i'd like to see that exhaust run.
haha, we have started conversion and got a bed in for now and then gonna look to see what else to fit in it at rear

once I get under vehicle, I will send you some under skirt shots 😀😀

I will send you a video of it running, not sure if Ican add video on here, if not send me your email or whattsapp number and I’ll send you over more photos/videos

how old is your van? Looks like it will be an amazing project for you

Regards

Anthony

· Registered
'95 Astro AWD Hi-Top Conversion
842 Posts
haha, we have started conversion and got a bed in for now and then gonna look to see what else to fit in it at rear

once I get under vehicle, I will send you some under skirt shots 😀😀

I will send you a video of it running, not sure if Ican add video on here, if not send me your email or whattsapp number and I’ll send you over more photos/videos

how old is your van? Looks like it will be an amazing project for you

Regards

Anthony
I'm sorry, Anthony, I just meant I wanted to see the exhaust "routing"...if I see it I'll have a pretty good idea of how it sounds. Mine's a 1995 with 106K...it has been a great project, my goal being to preserve the Original Equipment experience...it runs and handles like new, including meeting or exceeding advertised gas mileage.
There you go.. peeking under skirts and sniffing around her tail pipe.. lol
that's why they don't let me out much without close supervision.

· Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,923 Posts
Mmusicman said:
There you go.. peeking under skirts and sniffing around her tail pipe.. lol
...Man after my own heart.

To the OP, Adellar... Nice Looking Van - hope it's insides are as clean as out....

Why don't we see these radical Body Conversion Kit Vans here in the US?
You can always tell from the pics... it's going to be a Van from overseas... usually Japan or like, Asian country.

It is just Fiberglass molds n' such - geez, can't WE do some of these?

Looking forward to seeing 63 more pics!!

· Registered
'95 Astro AWD Hi-Top Conversion
842 Posts
Why don't we see these radical Body Conversion Kit Vans here in the US?
You can always tell from the pics... it's going to be a Van from overseas... usually Japan or like, Asian country.
interesting that you brought that up. when i was researching my radiator job, and looking for the (impossible to find) Gen1 tranny cooler clip-fittings (for a brief moment hoping to maintain OE,) i DID find them on the shelf, super-cheap, in Japan. On a local-only Japanese site. They had TONS of NOS and aftermarket parts for the American Car & Truck enthusiast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts