Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In a world of boring cookie cutter cars we are increasingly deprived of the art of the automobile.

Occasionally I see some very nice classics, some exotic sports cars and some really obnoxious contraptions, so I thought that since we are all motorheads at heart, we could share the Good the Weird and the Ugly.
Outerwear Hat Tartan Sun hat Sleeve

I'll start the show with the only Bugatti I've ever seen in the wild.

Warning: Most of my pictures come from a cheap security cam so the quality isn't great.

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,417 Posts
chevymaher said:
Van has as Mike calls it the born with.
That Van... it's fast.

The Chevelle... I have not had the pleasure, but surely it's quicker !!
And maybe more fun - LOL
Sure Looks Fine!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's beautiful. Mine came with a 307 that smoked like a mosquito fogger. I found an engine in the newspaper that was supposed to be a 350 but turned out to be a 327. I put an Edelbrock Performer and matching cam in it and a Holley 600 carb. It had a stock posi rear end and the stock Saginaw 3 on the tree so i put in a Hurst floor shifter. It would pull the front tires off the ground if I dumped the clutch.

It was a fun car and I miss it a lot.

·
Super Moderator
14,399 Posts
That's beautiful. Mine came with a 307 that smoked like a mosquito fogger. I found an engine in the newspaper that was supposed to be a 350 but turned out to be a 327. I put an Edelbrock Performer and matching cam in it and a Holley 600 carb. It had a stock posi rear end and the stock Saginaw 3 on the tree so i put in a Hurst floor shifter. It would pull the front tires off the ground if I dumped the clutch.

It was a fun car and I miss it a lot.
LOL I used to predominately drive chevelles. 307's were the motor you got most of the time. But very little work and they run. 307 2 bbl 2 speed 330 rear. Power steering and a/c white and black interior. Same color blue as my van had factory. That is what this chev was.

That is why the fond memories and also why they passed all those smog laws trying to keep people from having rockets on the road. Read articles from back then. It never was about air quality. Making money and controlling the masses. But I digress.

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
5,998 Posts
I just realized these are mostly going to be random photos from a building "security camera"
(I removed my personal snapshots)

Reactions: Bikley

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
5,998 Posts
SAME VETTE? ...LOL
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Clothing Wheel Smile Tire Vehicle

This is how we roll in Florida

Reactions: Bikley
1 - 20 of 33 Posts