Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My radio lights are pretty much all dead. (99 safari SLE) So the radio works but when Driving at night apart from the clock display there are no other lights visible for the various buttons. I've already determined that replacing the lights isn't something I'm even going to try so here I am wondering whet to do next. I could go aftermarket but what sort should I pick, my current set up is AM/FM/Tape with a separate CD player so how hard is that to merge in to one? I was also wondering what other Delco radios might be compatible and from what years? perhaps something with an auxiliary audio jack? I'm not looking to go with anything really flashy I just want to be able to play CD's hear the radio and see the buttons at night. MP3's would be a bonus.

Also what suggestions does any one have to utilize the space left by the old CD player? thanks for reading. :ty:

·
Registered
111 Posts
It should be all the same hook ups, the CD player only plugs into the back of the deck, so the wiring should be the same, just buy a aftermarket deck, a wiring harness adapter, and the mounts, its pretty easy to install as long as you follow directions. And for the empty space where the CD player was, go to the scrap yard and see if you can find a non CD player Van, mine just has a little cuby where i can put my wallet and stuff.

·
Registered
2004 Safari RWD, 2002 Astro AWD
339 Posts
What fuse operates the radio lights, heater knob lights, interior door switch lights.
They are all off and I never knew that there were lights there till I bought 2004 Safari

1 - 4 of 4 Posts