Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is my 1995 van painted in raptor liner chrysler pmb code, jeep bumpers, silverado mirrors, toyota tundra side steps, custom rack. Hope you like it.
What wheels you have there? I am wanting the stance you got there. looks great!

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
863 Posts
"I used a wagner electric paint gun" says Tanino!

I have never considered that method to paint a vehicle. Tell me more about what you had to do, if anything, to get it set up correctly.
How did you figure out the correct paint viscosity? Was it a lot of trial and error, or is there much information with the products?
How much paint did you need to purchase?
Thanks,
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,247 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I like the 'Stance, Wheels & Tires' - front and back.
What are you running there - Offsets and such? They look like early LT alloy wheels.
Steering Fun? Rub much?

Great Paint - looking forward to more info and closeups, wear and lasting info.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Unbelievable build! I want to know more...which Jeep bumpers, what are those rocker rails with steps, what mirror conversion set up is that...so many questions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I like the 'Stance, Wheels & Tires' - front and back.
What are you running there - Offsets and such? They look like early LT alloy wheels.
Steering Fun? Rub much?
I asked, you asked & no answer... Must be Big Secret? Spacers?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unbelievable build! I want to know more...which Jeep bumpers, what are those rocker rails with steps, what mirror conversion set up is that...so many questions.
Those mirrors are chevy silverado tow mirrors, I don't think it's a kit or anything, just find them and cut em up to fit.

·
Registered
01 Astro Cargo RWD, 97 Astro Mark III AWD
1,828 Posts
That's all Sector 7 classified information but our spies have managed to ferret out the details.
Silverado mirrors & modified JK bumpers. You find the using that box at the top of the page.

Reactions: Tanino

·
Registered
1992 Astro - Silver / Gray / 4 Wheels
5,247 Posts
... I asked, you asked & no answer... Must be Big Secret? Spacers
Bummer... thought we would hear back. Still time, tho', before we send out the Goon Killer Onslaught ( think... those big flying spinning disasters from Battleship ).

Seriously...!!

Reactions: Jamack513

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bummer... thought we would hear back. Still time, tho', before we send out the Goon Killer Onslaught ( think... those big flying spinning disasters from Battleship ).

Seriously...!!
Yeah, I did a lift on mine and the stance isn't right. The front tires I choose are too small too (235s). They are fine for now, but long term I think i need at least 285s but do I need to add spacers? Different wheels? both???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is my 1995 van painted in raptor liner chrysler pmb code, jeep bumpers, silverado mirrors, toyota tundra side steps, custom rack. Hope you like it.
What model was the front jeep bumper? I am leaning towards that style as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used a wagner electric paint gun
Nice. Ive been wanting to do a raptor finish on mine.. Any chance to get a close up shot of the texture with the Wagner gun?

How many cans of Raptor did you use?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are astro rs 1st gen honeycomb rims painted black with 32 tires (lots of hammering and cutting to fit them with little rub on sway bar when full turn) 2 inch spacers (had to cut the inner pan
Sunglasses Tree Shade Wood Plant
Azure Rectangle Shade Mesh Font
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
el of sliding door to make it wide open) jor of road lift kit (also added 2 leafs from another set to rear leafsprig pack) silverado tow mirrors, jk bumpers (fishbone branded front, smittybilt rear), toyota tundra side steps... hope answered .... 8 cans of raptor liner thinned 20% (its a very thinn layer but thats what i had... maybe with another 8 would be the perfect amount...)
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts