Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So a lot has transpired the last couple days. Had to swap the oil pump screen to match the AWD oil pan. While cleaning up the surfaces for the oil pan I messed up amd pulled out part of the timing cover gasket. So I pulled the later pump, harmonic balancer and replaced the timing cover. I am turning this into quite the job. Good news is that I am good at getting the engine in and out, and every gasket that touches oil or coolant has been replaced. Oh yeah and my motor mounts turned out great!

Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
Good news is that I am good at getting the engine in and out...
I assumed this would be the case.
You are now the EXPERT!
I'll bet you can say with experience that going in/out the front can be simple and quick.
I know how quickly I can do mine.. and for me it's an easy one man job

Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
I cannot imagine what I would feel, if I had to go through all that you have, while I was trying to do it by dropping the sub-frame!:censored:
Rod J

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think the oil pan problem would not have been a big deal if I had dropped the sub frame. Still way easier out the front in my opinion.
I bought some 3m aluminum sheeting to stick on. Waiting for it to come in. Its like thick tin foil with temperature rated glue on the back.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts