Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in Exterior section by mistake.

Hello. Potential Astro owner here. I need to know if the middle row bench seat is removed, and replaced by the optional captains chairs, how are they mounted to the floor? Does the van come with mounting points pre-installed, or is customizing necessary? Anyone here ever done it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

· Registered
34 Posts
customazition will be required as the bench seet has 4 mounting points but the capts chairs will have 4 each..... also the chairs bolt to the floor and the bench clips in.... hope this helps find the dream van......

bill

:punk:

· Super Moderator
7,730 Posts
tx-x said:
Posted this in Exterior section by mistake.

Hello. Potential Astro owner here. I need to know if the middle row bench seat is removed, and replaced by the optional captains chairs, how are they mounted to the floor? Does the van come with mounting points pre-installed, or is customizing necessary? Anyone here ever done it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
I just picked up an Astro that had captains chairs in the rear at some point(gone now). There is a steel plate with studs coming up that the seat pedestals mounted to. My intention is to reinstall the folding rear seat back where it belongs(p/o had it up front), and find 2 more captains chairs to go where they're supposed to go. Let me know, if you'd like I'll take and post a picture.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and purchased an '05 with a middle bench, so I see what you guys are talking about now. Went ahead and found a captain chair, so got the two inside studs (just tapped them out with a hammer). The outside ones (closest to the door) though, are mounted right above the frame rail, so I could not get those. I'll have to come up with another plan for mounting those. Wish me luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.