Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not what I was expecting. Lowered with coil spring and flip and now rides like a school bus. Even upgraded to steel leafs and matching rear axle. Did use existing shocks. Would drop spindles make that much of a difference? Steel leafs did make the rear of the van shift and ride much better other than front now rattling my teeth lose.

Thanks
Dawayne

·
Registered
87 Posts
Whenever I used to lower my vehicles in the past, I would always change the shocks to an aftermarket option that would work with the drop. It makes a hell of a difference and your shocks will last longer since they aren't constantly bottoming out.

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
My van rides nice, but if the road is bumpy then it sucks. Gotta watch for pot holes. Sounds like we have the same set up.(drop springs/flip kit)I have air shocks in rear w/fiberglass leafs so takes a big hole/bump for rear to ride rough. Run my air shocks at about 35psi. The front is jaw breaking.
I think I need stiffer shocks in front as the lowering springs don't leave much room for suspension travel. Or just get lowering spindles instead, but I am not sure if they handle bumps better. Should give your suspension more travel though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for advice did notice today with 600lbs in back and 400lbs behind front seat rode world's better. Actually would be great if it would ride like that all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts