Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
97cargocrawler said:
People are afraid of me because I always look like.... :angry-teeth:
One time, in a parking lot, I caught a guy placing fliers under windshield wipers. It's illegal here. $300 fine for EACH flier placed (I carry copies of the statute). When the guy turned around from my van he was suddenly looking me in the face. I said -

<ClintEastwoodVoice>
Take that flier off my van.
</ClintEastwoodVoice>

He said "Yes sir!"

Then he got back into his 79 Le Sabre with the flaking landau top and red cellophane duct taped to the tail light and drove off without finishing.

Lump

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
5,713 Posts
Lumpy said:
You ever get asked?
I get asked often. I think in my case though.. people are MORE surprised that Astro's were available in AWD! I don't think I've even seen another one... they are extremely uncommon in South Florida. I have to explain the AWD is completely factory, but the lift is custom.

Sometimes I come out of a store or something... and will typically find people on their hands and knees crawling around looking underneath. Sometimes they take photos... or I get the thumbs up in traffic.

But this is a post about "road clearance when lowered".. and many of the responders have lifted vehicles! lol

Nobody asks me about my slightly lowered Astro... other than "what's it got in it for a motor"... lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anymore Photos of your Van? What size wheels and tires and whats the ground clearance ride height like? Im actually doing front and rear Airbags on my 2000 RWD and setting up a rear 4 link suspension WattsLink on Bags. Ultra Slam as low as I can get. Alot of money in this setup but im always curious what otheres are doing... see alot of lifted stuff but what happen to the guys with Lowered stuff and Air Bag systems?? :banana:

cleanconcepts said:

My driveway entrance

smoothed the transition with some concrete

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey im from holland and have an Astro van 1990 awd,and i did an axelflip and swap the fiberglass springs for steel and a C notch,using all original hardware that i modifight,and at the front lowered the slots from the adjuster bolts,and adjusterble oil sport shocks from Koni around
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

21 - 26 of 26 Posts