Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5% Discount Code: 4AD5340357061E
Expires: April 14, 2022

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

RockAuto.com is an auto parts retailer founded in 1999 by automotive engineers with two goals: Liberate information hidden behind the auto parts store counter (by listing all available parts, not just what one store stocks or one counter-person knows), and make auto parts affordable so vehicles of all ages can be kept reliable and fun to drive.

Visit RockAuto.com to order auto parts online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have them conveniently delivered to your door. Need help finding parts or placing an order? Visit our Help pages for further assistance!

·
Super Moderator
7,028 Posts
Ordering brakes for Mrs.Kid's truck in the other tab now. 2 rotors, pads (both AC Delco), and caliper grease are about what one rotor and aftermarket pads are at my FLAPS. One of these days i'll send in a pic of either my van (not the most photogenic) or the buggy, see if I make it onto a magnet. The Colorado is nice, but does not stand out in a crowd at all.

Reactions: RockAuto

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,241 Posts
I have recently been noticing some strange 'clunking', I think from the front end. I found the right front shock upper eye ( on the AWD) seems to have shifted on the bushing. It appears the eye is now hitting, or very close to hitting, the upper mount. I knew the front's were pretty old ( the van came to me with fairly new looking Bisteins on the rear ), and this may not be the source of the noise, but it needs to be fixed and the shocks are definitely not very good. .
I am an occasional Rock Auto customer, so I decided it was time when I saw the Rock Auto discount coupon. I was getting ready to order the new front KYB MonoMax's when I put the KYB MonoMax part number from the Rock Auto site into a search. I found AutoZone was almost $20 less expensive for the pair, even after the Rock Auto discount coupon.
They were delivered to the local store the next morning, and I picked them up less than 24 hours after placing the order. The total was about $84 a 10% discount ( which is almost exactly cancels the sales tax around here).
I have been using the local Auto Zone for quite a few things the last couple of years, and I find them very competitive with most other sources, particularly if shipping charges are significant.
Rod J
Issaquah, Wa

·
Super Moderator
7,028 Posts
I shop around, and if I don't need it right now and the price is close I'll order from Rock Auto. In this case, the cheapest rotor at the FLAPS was $103 each. 2 rotors, pads (all AC Delco) and caliper grease was $162 with shipping. They might not always be the best option, but I always at least check. This time I saved a good bit by using them. Being a site sponsor and sponsoring local car club events doesn't hurt either, my FLAPS don't do either of those things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts