Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

security bypass for remote starter

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  webcat 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows how to bypass or disable the stock security feature on my 99 safari. Without a key turned in the ignition the fuel pump will not operate so somehow this needs to be bypassed or disabled in order to install a remote starter. I'm comfortable with all the rest of the wiring but this is the one I'm stuck on....any info would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
:D

#2 ·
There are bypass modules available for the antitheft system. They are usually pretty cheap and a easy to install. Try to find one that auto learns the resistance for the passlock system, otherwise you will need to measure the resistance and dial it in to the unit.

I have installed a few remote starters and this module is the easiest to use. If I remember correctly, it hooks up to battery+, the ignition three output(should be a switched ground for controlling a relay), and the passlock wires from the ignition switch. The instructions are pretty simple.
http://www.amazon.com/JBS-Technologies-791-Universal-Learning/dp/B0003NF60I/ref=pd_sim_auto_7

#3 ·
another option for bypassing passlock II

in the picture below are all the possible resistance values your van could have ( GM uses 15 different resistance values)
when you measure the resistance in the circuit by your ( key cylinder lock ) it will be one of these values that you will need.
your job is to find out which one your van has . piece of cake

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.