Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering selling older of my two Astros.
One owner, service and repair records/ receipts etc. Rare configuration, highly optioned runs and drives well...garage kept. Too many cars at age 75.
What kind of info and photos should I include in Vans for sale posting?? Any limits on number of words and pictures ? Advice?
Thx

Astro8604

·
Registered
64 Posts
Besides general Info like (Year*Miles*Title status ,rust)
As a buyer I always appreciated photos of undercarriage ,360 exterior photos ,interior photos
Photos of any noteworthy damage .
recent repairs and if there’s any pending issues or future things to keep an eye on.
it sounds like you’ll be thorough ,and too much info isn’t a bad thing .
Id say also just to have patience with questions ,a rude seller can be a complete turn off .so writing all info can usually help with the 101 questions and being firm on a price .
the ultimate transparency is telling someone to bring a mechanic or meet at a shop if its 100% on great condition.

also avoid the scammers ,deal with real people in front of you with cash $$ in a public place

,I’m sure others will chime in ,good luck!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Keep it concise and positive.
Never advertise a negative.
Post pertinent information only.
Nobody wants to hear the story of why you're
selling it, or the grand times you've had in it,
or how "my loss is your gain".
When I see that phrase in any ad, I immediately move on.
Concerning anything wrong with the van, save that
for when your on the phone or in person with them.

·
Registered
2004 Astro V6
88 Posts
Never advertise a negative.
Well.. that can have a real negative effect to the sale as in once they see an interior or something that is obviously a wreck and should have been mentioned at sometime(My turkey didn't on the phone either).Potential buyers will turn and run wondering "what else he is hiding?" I looked at an Astro a couple months ago that should have been listed only for parts(and most of them damaged at that).Half the interior in the seating area was gone or broken(busted seats, passenger airbag and armrests missing or broken beyond repair..what the hell part is supposed to be there(and isn't)? .. and the rest covered with grease and construction dirt,It didn't drive.shift much better either..even though what he listed were only (it's dark green,has a .4.3,RWD..runs great!)all the positive things.I took the $3500 I had in my pocket and left.He didn't post ANY interior pictures.I knew why after looking at it..The back wasn't any better than the front.
That one was listed for maybe 3 weeks later and finally he gave up,I believe.He was just wasting a lot of buyer's time.
Some of the obvious problems a buyer is going to encounter anyway,either visual or driving it,you might just as well list them anyway. It shows the buyer that he can trust the seller somewhat to be telling the truth about the rest of the vehicle.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,752 Posts

Thorough honest descriptions and good pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts