05_Metric.jpg

SAE wrenches
06_SAE.jpg

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
And more...

The roll holds punches and chisels, then C-clamps, torsion bar unloading tool, mini hacksaw & blades (full hacksaw in bottom of black toolbox), etc:
07_PunchesETC.JPG

Air tools
08_AirTools.jpg

On to the right side of the box (smaller drawers).

Screwdrivers
09_Screwdrivers.jpg

Assorted oddities...radiator fin comb, ABS compressor tools, distributor hold-down wrench, brake spring tool...
10_AssortedOdd.jpg

Nutdrivers
11_NutdriversFiles.jpg

Cutting tools...drill bits, large cutters, box cutters...
12_Cutting.jpg

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Yet more

The goop drawer
13_Goop.jpg

Parts, c-clips, cotter pins, etc
14_Parts.jpg

Now the tall cabinet...

Fluid storage
15_Fluids.jpg

Crowbars
16_Crowbars.jpg

Hammers
17_Hammers.jpg

Unsorted tools - steering wheel stuff, grease gun, the Bosch 12v drill/driver...
18_Unsorted.jpg

MIG welder (sans bottle & hoses)
19_MIG.jpg

Air compressor
20_Speedaire.jpg

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Dining room :p

Yup, fancy hose-clamp pliers.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Oh, and my ankle is improving, little by little. Thanks, Bob ;)

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Craftsman made in China....gotta love it :cry:

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Dang, that is a really nice crimper!

I finally bought the GM fan clutch tool set from NAPA earlier this summer; if you looked at my '00 thread, you saw it in action. I'm pretty happy with it. No more strap wrench, finding the large adjustable and getting everything (and my hands) just so. Put the holder on, slip the 36mm wrench on, two whacks with the BFH and we're done. Comes with a 40mm wrench, too.

It's the NAPA 3472 set, but GearWrench & KD Tools have the same set with the same PN. I didn't use their holder tool; I had gotten the Wilmar W80498 Gm Fan Clutch Wrench from Amazon and used that instead. You either slip it over the pulley bolts or unscrew 2 and bolt it in place. I bolted it in place on the '00 but slipped it over the bolt heads on the '99. Worked perfectly both ways. The holder tool in the above set needs you to remove the pulley bolts, stick the prongs of the tool in the holes, then use the wrench. That seemed a little more fiddly to me.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Happy Anniversary!

Nice toolbox :cool:

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
I put all tools back in their correct places. My hubby apparently can't be arsed to even remember what the correct place is and puts them back wherever.

Change one thing on his work van, however, and you'll never hear the end of it.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
They've worked on every hose clamp I've used them on, all of the flat band springy type.

I got mine at Sears just 'cause I had a $25 gift card. I haven't checked out the cheap ones, so I'm not real sure how they compare.

I have 2 of the regular hose clamp liers, the cheap ones, that I had before I needed the ones on the wire, and they work fine and have done so for years. The remote things seriously would have made the heater core replacement on my '92 Lumina a total breeze. Three panels inside then just the heater core hose clamps in the engine bay. Which were almost impossible to get at any way you tried without the remote clamp pliers, which my hubby's (then-bf) stepbrother told us about the next weekend (you should have seen the hubby, almost upside-down in the engine bay, with a pair of bent pliers and his arm twisted at a dangerous angle, just to get the hose clamps where we could get at them more easily). Hubby just about had apoplexy when he heard those things existed, so I bought 'em first chance I had.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Not bad looking, especially for freight by the bay.

We have a Milwaukee; got it from one of my hubby's coworkers - he used it when he made those faux marble sinks but didn't need it any more. Damn nice buffer.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Shit, my tools are in my dining room. I don't have a garage or shop....I'm really jealous, except for the Phoenix weather and scorpions :lol:

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Nice tool choices - and nice case.

My hubby uses his scale for just about everything, but it's imperative on a small system like a car.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Jack, my hubby says you still need:

A recovery machine. The tank doesn't do any good without the machine to fill it.

A micron gauge. To make sure your vacuum pump is working and to check how deep the vacuum has gotten - and, hopefully, stayed.

An electronic leak detector - to make sure your fittings are all sealing properly.

Also, he says the name brand of your gauges is good, but those are their cheesy homeowner gauges. Take 'em back and get a better set.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Hey, I just typed what he said. As long as the gauges work, who cares?

Check craigslist for recovery machines. Lots of techs sell their equipment on craigslist around here for much lower than retail.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Damn, Stan - those are sweet.

Jack, those bottles, believe it or not, looked pretty damned good. Now they look new. You should see some of the ones my hubby gets at the supplier.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
97cargocrawler said:
I only transported my MIG welder once and swore I'd never do that again.
Same here. Once was enough...

That welding cart is sweet. Very sweet. Unfortunately, we'd need to keep it in the basement and bring it up when needed. Not gonna happen...and he really keeps the Oxy/Acetylene rig on his work truck, so it lives in a 5 gallon bucket. With fire extinguisher.

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
Blame that on my hubby, not me. I was just the messenger ;)

·
Super Moderator
05 Astro AWD
14,157 Posts
:lol:

My hubby says ooooooohhhhh....pretty :mrgreen:
He likes the gauges a lot. And says they should never wear out on you. But don't crank the valves too tight because the seats are nylon and can be damaged by overtightening. They just need to be tight enough to seal.

The flaring/swaging tool: he says practice some first. Make sure the sides of the clamp are even, then crank it as tight as you can, ie crank the hell out of the clamps.

The valve core removal tool comes in handy all over the place, as does the leak sniffer. And the recovery machine is important, really.

You done did good ;)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts