Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,044 Posts
rev_les said:
hinge it at the bottom and use a winch attached to some chain and drop it open like a castle door!put a smooth skin on it and you can just slide right down, hehe :rofl:
Split it just above the door handle. The bottom 1/2 flips down and has steps built into it, the top just gull wings.

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
^Like a airplane...........that would be awesome! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
bucksfan1976 is there a side view of those front two doors open? that might be what i need. i dont want to loose or cut the glass

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i emailed the other guy from CL to see if i can get any more pictures. whats the hinges look like and how far does that door open?

Reactions: xombie12052

·
Premium Member
7,044 Posts
Webcat :)

Joe, I wonder if rear barn doors are the right width and curvature as the slider. Or maybe you could modify the slider and then put barn door windows in it.

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
The suicide door looks sweet as H3LL!!! :rockon:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Munken said:
astro355 said:
Munken, any idea what color that is? I want it.
Not just an idea, I know for sure, It´s House of Kolor Sunset Orange Pearl. (realy nice in the sun). :thumbup:
Any specific manufacturer that makes that color that you would recommend?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Munken said:
astro355 said:
Any specific manufacturer that makes that color that you would recommend?
Sorry, I would have written "House of Kolor´s" Sunset Orange Pearl.

Link:"House of Kolor"
Ok, I see. That's a little pricey but I do like that color. I may just have to buy another van since I do like my black one. :think:

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
astro355 said:
Ok, I see. That's a little pricey but I do like that color. I may just have to buy another van since I do like my black one. :think:
Yes they are pricey. Do you want me to look for somthig similar but cheaper? And easier to paint with? :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Jasen said:
Webcat :)

Joe, I wonder if rear barn doors are the right width and curvature as the slider. Or maybe you could modify the slider and then put barn door windows in it.
They are wrong all over, not the right height and more curv. I think it´s easier to modify the slider.

I seen suicide sliding door been done with "ordinary" Suicide Hinge Kit somewere on the net. It can be that darkblue and gray in this topic.

This is a nice suicide hinge, Buuuut........ with the stock design on the VW rear door, you can not open it before you open the front door. :think:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts