Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a couple hours on the internet looking for a Steering Column Cover Kit for my 2001 Safari with tilt wheel, but couldn't find anything that absolutely states correct fit.
(And searched here as well)
I did find the individual part numbers- UPPER 26036499 & LOWER 26036498 and I was able to find the lower one in stock at one of the big parts warehouses, but not the upper.
None of the diagrams I looked at showed a kit part number.
Does anyone know the correct part number for the "Kit?"

I've got a new steering wheel on the way and am going to replace the turn signal lever as well. Would really like to have new covers while I am at it.

TIA,
CB

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Are the covers broken? Or just fugly? They make bumper and vinyl Upolstry paint. I have used it on boat cushions and other vinyl pieces with great satisfaction. My guess would be most of those parts are unavailable. You did good finding the one. Best luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Markmitch-I had seen that listing and had written the seller last night asking if this would fit right before I posted this here. Our vans are not listed in the fitment:
Fitment:
1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado with Automatic Transmission
1999-2002 GMC Sierra with Automatic Transmission
1999-2002 GMC 3500 with Automatic Transmission

(I wrote the seller again just now asking about fitment.)

Does anyone here know whether the van parts are interchangeable with the above mentioned pickups?

Ken-they both have broken areas, so I was wanting to replace them while the steering wheel was being swapped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts