Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Astro Archer conversion. 4x4 kit. 73k miles as of 3/13/22
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 2000 GMC Savanna hightop conversion with 227,000 miles. They are wanting $7,000 for it. There is no body damage and no rust. The rear differential pinion seal looks to be leaking. The interior needs some cleaning but not abused. What do you think fellas? How would you proceed? ... i didn't think to take pictures until i was driving away.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Car

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I guess it would be about is 7 k a lot of money to you? I happily paid 5 k for mine when I found it. Since then I have spent far past what it is worth making it what I want. Being rust free is everything. New parts can be put in when needed. You may not get another chance as they don’t make them anymore.

·
Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
5,713 Posts
Seems high to me. $7000 is a LOT of money for a van with THAT MUCH high-mileage 227K!

It may be near the end of it's life... or getting close.
Maybe it's developing issues and that's why they are getting rid of it? It's a gamble.
You may find yourself putting ANOTHER $7000 or more in it for engine and trans, even if they are ok for now.
That doesn't even begin to include everything else that may need repairs.

What's Blue Book say it's worth?

My company just sold a clean condition high-mileage Savanah for $1000 (but it wasn't custom). A month later the guy told us he had to have the trans rebuilt.

Do you plan to travel with it?
That's a lot of mileage and reliability could be an issue.. plus you'd rack up even more mileage within a few years.

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
13,751 Posts
If you think it's worth it and would be happy with it then do it. I'm a cheap *** and that seems expensive for that kind of mileage, but you have to decide for yourself.

·
Registered
2000 Astro Archer conversion. 4x4 kit. 73k miles as of 3/13/22
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you think it's worth it and would be happy with it then do it. I'm a cheap *** and that seems expensive for that kind of mileage, but you have to decide for yourself.
O ya. I would never give them 7 for it.... maybe 4. Im going to hold off on it though. If anyone here is interested in it, i can get the number off it next time i go by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts