Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought it new in 2002...
It's had an easy life...
190k miles...

I've been to kbb, but what does the Astro/Safari community think I should ask for it?

It's the 8 passenger with the Towing Package.
If they still built them, I'd buy a new one.
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This vehicle has been great for hauling lumber, drywall and plywood!
Some guys will let their vehicle get beat up with construction stuff... but I like to keep my vehicles like new.

I've heard some people criticize the Dutch Doors...
I want to THANK the guys that made that happen!!!
That has been one of the greatest things anyone has ever done for a vehicle!
Wheel Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,534 Posts
She definitely looks nice and well kept, hopefully someone from that area can chime in. Cali and the PNW seems like they are willing to pay more for nice vans than the east coast, used car prices are dropping across the country in general, but of course local markets can vary. Have you searched on all of your local for sale sites for what like vehicles are going for?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't searched locally yet...
But that's what I need to do...
I have to admit, I'm have a hard time parting with it...
Once it's gone... it's gone.
But I have too many vehicles, and I'm getting old... Something has to go. 😕

· Premium Member
118 Posts
We are in middle Tennessee
Up here in Ohio I'd say you can probably get 5K for it If everything is functioning and it looks as good close up as it does in the pics. Looks like its a rear wheel drive? The AWD models are really the ones more in demand and could fetch a little more. Its all about finding the right buyer. Some people think 5k is a lot for a vehicle with almost 200k miles on it, but Astro/Safari owners are a special breed!😁

Reactions: DanO-1

· Registered
6 Posts
I just bought one today, 2002, 158K miles. I'm in the Pacific NW. A neighbor guy sold it to me for $3200, it needs a new window motor and spark plug wires. I think I got it for song! Funny - he has only driven astros since 1986 and his other astro he also sold to a neighbor years ago and its he still sees it driving around!

· Registered
6 Posts
I just bought one today, 2002, 158K miles. I'm in the Pacific NW. A neighbor guy sold it to me for $3200, it needs a new window motor and spark plug wires. I think I got it for song! Funny - he has only driven astros since 1986 and his other astro he also sold to a neighbor years ago and its he still sees it driving around!
Also, forgot to add it has the fancy tow package, front tow hitch, and he upgraded the shocks a while ago, and its it darn good shape (minor scratches)...

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow... I think you did really well!
I bought my first Safari in 87. I liked it so well, I bought another one in 02 and those have been my primary vehicles ever since!
Congratulations... Enjoy it, and be safe!
If you ever have any issues, this site has always been a good place to come...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts