Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
'93 Astro LT Ext w/ FE3 (RWD), 7 Passenger, Dutch Doors, Med Teal, 4.3 V6
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to print or copy a thread? I'm wanting to copy a build thread with pictures for quick reference.
I tried printing a thread but the preview showed the active post and 54 blank pages.
Copying and pasting an entire thread into a word processor might be more desirable since it could be condensed down to the wanted (instructional) content.

· Administrator
447 Posts
Currently we do not have a way to export or print the forums. You may be able to adjust the layout a little with the print page options (printing webpage), but it sounds like copy/paste is going to be your best option to get it in the format you are looking for.

Daniel

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently we do not have a way to export or print the forums. You may be able to adjust the layout a little with the print page options (printing webpage), but it sounds like copy/paste is going to be your best option to get it in the format you are looking for.

Daniel
Thanks for the response!

· Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
6,521 Posts
Numerous ways:

* Right click > Save as "Webpage Single File" (mhtml file extension)

* Right click > Print (print as PDF)

* CTL-A (control all) > copy > paste (or simply drag across content you wish to save)
Paste to text, paste to Word.. whatever you like

There are many ways to copy text
(see my attachment)

Attachments

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Numerous ways:

* Right click > Save as "Webpage Single File" (mhtml file extension)

* Right click > Print (print as PDF)

* CTL-A (control all) > copy > paste (or simply drag across content you wish to save)
Paste to text, paste to Word.. whatever you like

There are many ways to copy text
(see my attachment)
Thanks MM. Those first two options don't seem to work on my old Dell PC. :confused:
edit: I bet those features are add-ons from a program I don't have, maybe Adobe Acrobat above the free version?

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm doing a simple copy and paste of the thread page by page into a MS Word document with margins set to "narrow" to reduce the number of pages. The first 10 pages of the thread resulted in 750 pages and about 60,000 words in the Word doc. I had planned to go back and clean it up, but now, I don't think so!
I just realized I can turn off signatures to reduce size and if I had Premium maybe using Focused Reading Mode might help.

· Registered
2000 Lifted 4x4 Astro 92 V8-350 Shorty
6,521 Posts
I have never seen a browser that doesn't let you save the page.
Age of computer doesn't matter either.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never seen a browser that doesn't let you save the page.
Age of computer doesn't matter either.
Thanks for the response! With Firefox I can save as HTML, but I was originally planning to edit it after saving. If editing is out, maybe HTML will be okay, or at least faster than what I doing now. I'll play around with that.

· Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,572 Posts
Unfortunately you can't use the many websites that will convert it to PDF for you as they are often blocked here.

Maybe install a PDF 'printer' on your computer, something like: FREE PDF Printer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.