Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can i put 215 65 15 tires on the back of my 91 2wd Astro without any damage to transmission etc...etc.....(will it sit higher or lower than the front on 205 75 16 ?)

Also the Cat is toast, i have been told here in Canada i can remove it, as there is a through pipe offered as a standard buy bit. I seen lots of talk about after market pipes not sounding right ?? HELP.

How hard is it to lift the van by say 2"
Does a K&N filter warrant the cost
THanks
Andrew
:swerve: :chevy: :swerve: :chevy:

· Registered
52 Posts
1. shouldn't have to worry about damage from the tires, as long as they will fit in the wheel wells.

2. I don't know about the cat in canada, but in washington state i have passed emmisions tests with a hollow cat in a couple vehicles, i would recomend running a pipe through the cat so it doesn't collect extra exhaust and cause wierd sounds though.

3. i ran a k and n filter on my 91 chev pickup and loved it, the extra power and fuel milage were great.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.
Will the rear run higher or lower than the front ?
only reason asking good deal on 2 winter tires $125 for 2 (boy we need them in Canada :naughty: )

The bigest problem right now is the idle, runs fast, runs ok, runs slow,runs..... stops !!!!!!!!
also has a miss-fire :screaming:

:ty:

· Registered
52 Posts
measure the overall height of the tires you want to put in the back, if they are taller it will be higher, we kinda needed winter tires here in washington state this year a bit also.

· Registered
52 Posts
also, start by doing a full tune up, and try running some injector cleaner, i like seafoam, used it alot and sold it alot when i worked at a parts house.

· Registered
52 Posts
that i don't know, i'm fairly new to the astro scene, and have not attempted to change my plugs yet, will be soon though, gotta get ready for fishing and camping time.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah,
I totally hear you on that, thats why I bought the van, CAMPING :banana: to hold all that stuff that you know you want to take but,,,,,,,, it just wont go in the car right ? :D

May be the idle control valve is duff/needs cleaning. where is it ?

Andrew
:feedback:

· Registered
52 Posts
from what i can see in my Haynes book, it is mounted to the throttle body, looks like it stisks out the side. Hope this helps.

· Registered
238 Posts
For changing spark plugs, I lift the front end, set it on stands and take the front tires off and get to the plugs through the fenderwell. There's a few that are easier from under the van. So, take your time or you'll be: :banghead: and :screaming: . Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.