Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1998 LS AWD Forest Green metallic
1,324 Posts
Good job! It is great that you found a source of the water leak. At least you have some idea what needs to be worked on.
I still seem to have a small leak into the rear carpet area, and will have to go through the same routine again. The firsttime, mine was leaking from the driver side rear side window. I had to take the window out to reseal the weather seal there.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

·
Administrator
Common Sense + Critical Thinking
14,037 Posts
Thinking that I might need to buy the Steele rubber back door seals for the other weatherstrip though unless you guys have any more brilliant ideas?
Do you always park with the nose down?

·
Registered
2004 Chevrolet Astro Cargo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Do you always park with the nose down?
I park it pretty flat but the van sits nose down, maybe worn body mounts? I'd love to level the van but I've never done anything like that.

When I was redoing the floor I noticed some light pinkish/red fluid stains by the passenger footrest. I think it may have been from the a/c which is non-functional. Any insight on the source of that?

I doused the windshield with tons of water but didn't notice any leaks at the front.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
The only thing that could be red over there would be red colored coolant as the heater core is right there.

·
Registered
2004 Chevrolet Astro Cargo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The only thing that could be red over there would be red colored coolant as the heater core is right there.

Yeah that makes sense. Mmusicman and Markmitch also mentioned the heater core. I know it's not a hard/expensive swap, so maybe I'll just go for it. Are there seals or hoses I should do at the same time? I'm very much in the mindset of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but 18 year old rubber is probably an exception to this.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I don't think I would replace the hoses unless they are really in need, maybe use some new clamps if it doesn't seal to the new core. If you are going to replace the hoses, get the control valves ahead of time as they crumble if you look at them too hard.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts