Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
441 - 445 of 445 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
Today i finally felt up to adjusting the idle speed. Once i figured out how to get to the cap over the adjuster screw i was able to drill around it and pry it out. 3/4 turn later and i dont think I'll have to put it in neutral at traffic lights anymore.

I was also reminded that i really should look into getting the air filter assembly from a Roadmaster. The setup that was on the G20 requires me to remove the studs from the throttle body if i want to get the lower filter housing off. I think one of the studs is likely bent, getting the cover back on is a royal PITA.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
I picked up a Roadmaster filter a week or three ago, I finally made time to try it on today. I'm going to have to get creative under the hood to make it work. There's heater lines, transmission dipstick, and I can't recall what else in the way right now. The air inlet is a bit close to the firewall, and I had to turn the IAT sensor inside out for clearance and to keep the hole in the housing sealed. I guess I could just remove it and seal it another way, but today was just a trial run to see if it would fit. It'll be tight, but I think it might be doable. Sorry for the lack of pics, but I had to get everything back to original before it started to rain.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
It's reliable now. Still idles a little low and rough, but it's solid.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
Today I finally changed out the core support brackets I made when I did the swap. A while back I bought a bolt in center section from a Gen 1 van hoping it would bolt in. It will not. It is shaped differently and the hood latch is in a different spot. Since it was the same gauge and color as my van, I cut sections out of it to make better functioning and looking brackets one day. Today was the day. It's still not the prettiest, but it looks better than it did and is solid.

Before:

After:

5 of 7 points on my grille were broken previously. I'll address this soon.

441 - 445 of 445 Posts