5= Body Type - Van
Z = Engine TBI 4.3L
1= Check Digit
M=Model year 1991
B = Plant Baltimore MD
Rest is production sequence number.

· Registered
52 Posts
If you take the VIN to a dealer parts dept. they can print out a complete list of the vehicle , date and time it came off the production line and every option it left the factory with. I just did this with a 2003 Chrysler van I am buying. If the vehicle has a block heater, it would be inserted in place of a block freeze plug.

· Registered
186 Posts
The only accesible freeze plugs they would use it on is on each side of the engine in line with the engine mounts. It wouldve been an option of course. The plug should be easily accesible under the hood or around the front bumper I would assume. I'm a southern boy, so I don't have it on my van.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
myfirst Astro said:
where is the block freeze plug located ????
There are a few, but the easiest one for me to work with when I installed Green's block heater was the one located above where the oil filter mounts.

· Registered
3,244 Posts
red98tj said:
If you take the VIN to a dealer parts dept. they can print out a complete list of the vehicle , date and time it came off the production line and every option it left the factory with. I just did this with a 2003 Chrysler van I am buying. If the vehicle has a block heater, it would be inserted in place of a block freeze plug.
So the service department did this just for the asking or did they charge you for the information? And when you went there, did the guy know what you were talking about or did he give you a strange look?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.