Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my camper has a 7-pin adapter. where does the wiring adapter attach? I have a small box in my jack area that has a plug going to it. any ideas? :ty:

· Registered
2,641 Posts
None at all, sorry.:)

· Super Moderator
7,726 Posts
I had to tap and solder wires when I added a flat four connector for my popup. I don't think there is a place to just plug in on our vans.

Sidenote: have you checked out http://www.popupportal.com yet? Excellent forum much like this one, only it's about popups. I'm Big_kid over there too.
:chevy:

· Premium Member
2,352 Posts
On my '99, there is a factory tow harness behind the pass. side rear trim panel, I just routed my trailer harness up through a knockout plug on the pass side underneath, fed it through, and soldered it onto the leads. Colors are labeled on a tag attached to the wiring.I haven't looked on my '95 yet.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up wiring it in and taking the harness down though the drain hole in the jack storage compartment. I must say the Astro towed every bit as good as the Suburban we used to have. :banana:

· Super Moderator
7,726 Posts
If I ever get the pics off the camera I'll post them under "What did you do to your Astro today". I took the camper to Oregon Inlet- about 100 miles each way. The van did just fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.