Loud hum from rear of Astro AWD when turning left

Loud hum from rear of Astro AWD when turning left

Postby Elliesdad717 [OP] » September 22nd 2013, 7:19pm

I am new here and seeking advice. Just bought a 2003 Astro Cargo van for work. I dont know the actual milage, the odometer says 69,000 but Idont believe that is correct. Between the speeds of around 30 to 45 mph there is often a very loud humming noise from the rear area of the van when going around a left turn. I can't tell if it is from the the rear or one of the wheels. Could this be a wheel bearing? I had them go out on cars already and this noise is much, much louder and isnt present when goin slower or faster. I must point out that the "Service AWD" light is on and it appears to have only rear wheel drive right now. The ABS light is also on, not sure if this might also have something to do with it. I did have a local parts store check the codes (SES light on also) and had 3 issues: (1) RF Wheel speed sensor(signal erratic), (2) Electronic break control module and (3) Oxygen sensor-Bank 2, Sensor 1. Any advice or knowledge about any of these problems would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Original Poster [OP]
Elliesdad717
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Elliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full yearsElliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full yearsElliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full yearsElliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full yearsElliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full yearsElliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full yearsElliesdad717 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): Elliesdad717
Van Model Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Cargo AWD