Faded paint, surface rust repair

Faded paint, surface rust repair

Postby Chunder [OP] » April 7th 2021, 3:27pm

The roof of my van has seen better days, it's been sitting in a lot since the early 2000s and the paint is pretty much done for and there is quite a bit of surface rust coming through. I've used POR15 in the past and was not impressed with it at all, so I plan on using either Mastercoat or Corroseal to seal it up and then rhino line the whole truck. Anyone have any experience with either of these products?
Original Poster [OP]
Chunder
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1990
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Faded paint, surface rust repair

Postby ASTROMATT0630 » Yesterday, 10:44am

Im excited to answer this for you! So for years I have been Painting Cars MotorCycles Trucks and SUVs Etc. But like you I too had noticed the samething happen to my 2000 Astro which im currently stripping all the paint off of 1 panel at a time. Not sure what your mechanical or your AutoBody skills are but once the paint checks down to the sealer the entire thing should be stripped to bare metal and then sealed in an EPOXY COATING. You can find those products on TAMCOPAINT.COM they have the best DIRECT TO METAL Epoxy and other options also.

Check around if you dont have the skills the supply or the resources to complete the task. Do it soon before that thing starts to rust out Majorily. :banana:

Chunder wrote:The roof of my van has seen better days, it's been sitting in a lot since the early 2000s and the paint is pretty much done for and there is quite a bit of surface rust coming through. I've used POR15 in the past and was not impressed with it at all, so I plan on using either Mastercoat or Corroseal to seal it up and then rhino line the whole truck. Anyone have any experience with either of these products?
ASTROMATT0630
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA): LugosDesigns
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS 4.3