Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

How common are no rear window astros?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
I have an O5 with no rear windows, and i ran into a guy for work today who was asking where i found it, mentioning the security advantage. After that it occured to me ive never seen another astro with solid rear doors and solid sliding door. Im wondering if thats fairly unusual or if most people ended up swapping them out when they come across them. I do admit its tough to see things and i had to install a rear corner convex mirror

#2 ·
My uncle has a 2000 cargo Astro van. No windows at all behind the front doors. They're out there, but not as common as those with windows.

#5 ·
Minivan versions aside, I'd estimate that about fifteen or twenty percent of the cargo vans I see around have no rear windows. It was a must when I bought mine because I wanted the extra security. I've noticed that it's really common to cover the glass with mesh or plate metal. So then that adds even more weight on top of the glass. If you really want a no rear window version, hold out for the right one.

#6 ·
Or buy whatever you find that matches all other criteria, then remove the glass and have a piece of sheet metal welded into each side, or get a set of doors that don't have glass from the JY and swap them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.