Switch to full site
Anything to do with the outer exterior of your van. Discuss all body modifications and repairs including fenders and bumpers, hoods and grilles, or doors and windows. All body related things like body panels and handles, wipers and roof racks, mirrors and trim.
Post a reply

Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 5:40am

If I wanted to buy a conversion top for a 1994 AWD EXT where might I start? I have no idea and my internet searches aren't helping.

Thank you!

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 5:42am

If you are referring to the high top fiberglass raised roof Junk yard is the only option due to the year of your van.Now if your talking the tent top I have only seen maybe 2 over the years so I have no idea.What state are you in? And welcome to the forum.

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 6:03am

Lowes has some, but they require some cutting.

Image

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summer-Waves-W ... 1000187773


:rofl:

But for real dont forget clist parts vehicles.
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/d/ ... 98196.html

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 6:10am

This is where I got mine and is the last place I know of that is still making them new

http://fiberine.com/GVMR/Home.html


Or you can get a used one from a junkyard and install it yourself

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 7:13am

OK then lol, thanks all, I guess I'm going with roof rack instead of headroom. Probably better anyway!

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 7:14am

Cantttype wrote:Lowes has some, but they require some cutting.

Image

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summer-Waves-W ... 1000187773


:rofl:

But for real dont forget clist parts vehicles.
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/d/ ... 98196.html


This is something I would definitely consider in a survival scenario but not with this vehicle, lol :D

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 3:27pm

I recently inquired with fiberine.

augidog wrote:Fiberine in California has a basic 12" top for $1850 with $950 same day install. Crating and shipping is more than a road trip would cost, so I'd go to them. Do I want to pump another 4 grand in? Honestly, probably not.

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 7:49pm

augidog wrote:I recently inquired with fiberine.

augidog wrote:Fiberine in California has a basic 12" top for $1850 with $950 same day install. Crating and shipping is more than a road trip would cost, so I'd go to them. Do I want to pump another 4 grand in? Honestly, probably not.


Yeah the cost is not small. Nearly the cost of a body and paint job. For what is essentially produced from an oversized trash can mold, I think 1850 is a little much. It isn't as if it is rotation molded or something, it's a few paint cans worth of fiberglass or rubber.

Whatever, I wasn't really into giving up my roof space anyway, the solar goes there and I still couldn't stand up in the van even with a high top.

Re: Where to buy a conversion top

August 18th 2020, 8:12pm

underhill wrote:and I still couldn't stand up in the van even with a high top.

How tall are you?
1.jpg

:rofl:
Post a reply