Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Dutch door handle part number?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Coyotecamper 
#1 ·
Hey y'all! I've been looking online for a replacement for my outer Dutch door handle (the one on the right side, not inner left side handle). I'm having trouble identifying the part on websites, as they're not specific about whether they are for double doors, Dutch doors, inner or outer handles. Obviously want to make sure I get the right one. Can't see a part number on my existing one without taking it out. A part number would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#3 ·
Coyotecamper said:
... not specific about whether they are for double doors, Dutch doors, inner or outer handles ...
Well, there are no inner or inside handles, except the Hatch w/ Dutch Doors ( unless futtrofitted by a PO ).
"Futtrofitted"... another New Word ??
... and I am fairly ( big fairly, but not "bet my next paycheck" ) certain the outside Dutch Door Handle on the Rt. side is the same as the one on the Std. or Barn Door Rt. side.

Maybe you could download and check that GMC Parts List that Kid put in his last post. Get back to us.
I'll check, too, meet you back here in a few minutes... cool!

#5 ·
Well, took a sec, but it does look like the '92 to '03(B?) used the same part number on the outside Handle.
Both the Rt. Sd. Dutch Door and Std. Barn Door used the same Handle - Pt # 15999939.

The Parts list only goes to 2003 and showed a different Pt # for '85 to '91(B?).
That would be previous to the Dutch Door option ( '92 - '05 ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.