Grill, bumper cover & fender/cladding pics

Grill, bumper cover & fender/cladding pics

Postby Lowcountry [OP] » November 18th 2020, 12:06am

I'm in the process of debating how to treat the cladding, an aged grill, and blue bumper cover for a white van. I want to do them black (or a grill like maybe AKforceten did) and I know the lines, etc are in the eyes of the beholder. I recognize all of the different products too. I'm not asking for which product is best because if you and I went to a restaurant I'd say the NY strip is hands down the best while you preferred the clams linguine. That's what makes the world spin. If you want to comment on ease of application or how a product has held up, great. A lot of the posts show the stages and final outcome but a lot of the final pictures are from a distance to get the whole van or grill in the picture. So even though one may be Rustoleum bedliner (textured) and the other may be satin black rattle can (smooth) from a distance they look nearly identical. Does anyone have close-up pics of how things turned out? I'd be really interested if, for example, someone may have painted the cladding but did the fender edge over the wheel well in bedliner or vice versa. Anything at a shorter distance would be helpful. If you want to comment on your product/process too beyond "follow the manufactures' recommendation" that's welcomed too. I only add the latter because sometimes someone figures out something better, like driving a lifted Astro, which is way beyond what Chevrolet had in mind! Thanks.
Original Poster [OP]
Lowcountry
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Topics: 9
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD 3+1 lift

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Grill, bumper cover & fender/cladding pics

Postby sixsix » November 18th 2020, 12:41am

Hold the linguine ( I can get that gooky pasta at home ).
I'll have the shrimp scampi in pan asian side sauce.

Wifey, having the Mussels Brigadoon, says, "look for Cargocrawlers stuff..."
- he had other guys comparing and the ref pages at the bottom will help too.

"Ban gerrymandering" out 1 side, then says, "We really need to get rid of the electoral college for starters, there is no way in hell that the person that receives fewer votes wins, simply crazy."
So only CAL, ILL & NY Elects

sixsix
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby AstroWill » November 18th 2020, 12:51am

Lowcountry wrote:I'm not asking for which product is best because if you and I went to a restaurant I'd say the NY strip is hands down the best while you preferred the clams linguine. That's what makes the world spin.

If you are talking about Jim's place, definitely avoid the seafood if you like it fresh.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business. See: Dark Tetrad
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Extra Info: I love peaches

Postby Lowcountry [OP] » November 18th 2020, 1:00am

Wifey, having the Mussels Brigadoon, says, "look for Cargocrawlers stuff..."
- he had other guys comparing and the ref pages at the bottom will help too.

I did glance at his in Exterior but he had diamond plating underneath so sorta defeated the purpose, but thanks, and I'll give it another look in the event I missed something as well as double check the ref pages. By the time I got to his on page 14 (or whatever) I was admittedly getting cross eyed.
Original Poster [OP]
Lowcountry
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby Lowcountry [OP] » November 18th 2020, 1:12am

Yeah, I went back and looked at Cargo's. I had seen those but studied a little closer and they're helpful.
Original Poster [OP]
Lowcountry
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Alias (AKA):