Slider door rail sealant?

Slider door rail sealant?

Postby nwmod39 [OP] » December 22nd 2020, 1:37am

I had to remove the slider door rail along the body to fix a decent leak when it rains...

Once tore apart I could tell whatever was used to seal the holes originally was dried out and crack away easily.

Does anyone know what was used to seal these holes?

What little bit of sealant left that was pliable seemed a little rubbery like maybe a butyl tape seal.

It was only used at the bolt holes on the rear of the rail and on the inside under the nuts.

Super excited that is was just the window leaking a tiny bit and the rest was from one of the holes to bolt the rail to the body.

I have a conversion top and was really hoping it was not that leaking!
Attachments
20201221_160501.jpg
20201221_160519.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
nwmod39
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: nwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full yearsnwmod39 has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1991
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Comversion