Question about Wheel Well

Question about Wheel Well

Postby Diablo_deth [OP] » January 2nd 2021, 12:23am

20201219_193725.jpg

20201219_193719.jpg

Hi, I am a new owner to a 2000 Astro Van. It will take a lot of work to bring out the hidden gem.
I have question about the Front wheel well, there is a rubber liner, can those be replaced, both my driver and passenger side is starting to break apart and every time I make a turn, it is rubbing against the tires. :screaming:

Do anyone know what this part is call, and a part number.

Thank you
Original Poster [OP]
Diablo_deth
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Dumb Question time
    by BPACH » February 23rd 2021, 9:10pm in Exterior
    5 Replies
    Last post by markmitch View the latest post
    February 28th 2021, 4:01pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    March 2nd 2021, 9:55pm

Re: Question about Wheel Well

Postby Leeann_93 » January 2nd 2021, 2:47am

Not sure they’d be available any longer. Pick’n’pull is probably your best option.
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 44
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby Rod's Trucks » January 2nd 2021, 5:29am

Diablo_...
I keep a list handy, of the small items I need, or would like to find in better condition.
When I go to the P' n 'P, I take that with me. as a refresher.
A 'right side inner wheel well flap' was on my list ( not sure if that is the correct terminology, but it was adequate for my reminder list). I probably saw a dozen or more ripped, torn, or missing, before I found a good one on the second or third field trip.
The driver side side on that van was gone, but the next hulk I looked at had a pristine driver side, so I took both. Now I have a spare for the driver side...of course now I will never need to replace that side.
If you find a good one, be prepared to be very careful with the plastic rivets. There are small tools ( upholstery and trim panel retainer tools )with a forked opening, made for those rivets. If you plan on working on the van much, that tool will come in handy in many places. It is easy to rip that 20+ year old rubber sheet.
Interesting tidbit: In several years, and over a dozen trips to at least four different P' n' P's, I have never seen a windshield washer/coolant bottle assembly, that had both mounting tabs intact. IMHO, That seems very strange to me, for mounting tab on a plastic tank to be such a common failure. I just spliced a small strip of aluminum across the break on mine as a 'temporary' fix. I am too cheap to buy a new one and the 'patch' works just fine. Maybe I will strike it rich, find an intact piece some day.
Good luck hunting.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA
Rod's Trucks
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Rod's Trucks has been a member for 1 full year
Topics: 32
Alias (AKA): Rod and/or WE7X
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: Forest Green LS AWD

Postby markmitch » January 2nd 2021, 5:36am

If you go to the local home depot they have a rubber sheeting on a roll in different colors usually in the area where the kitchen stuff is. It works pretty good for a replacement in the area you asked about. I used my torn ones as a pattern and made new ones. It may not last as long as the original but it works. Mark
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 626
Alias (AKA): 1st gen or frankenvan
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8 AWD

Postby Rod's Trucks » January 2nd 2021, 5:49am

Markmitch,
Yes! Thanks for that suggestion.
And here is another option: the rolls of rubber sheeting used for floor runners might also work.
After my basic 2" lift, I have been thinking of making something to reduce the splash that gets past the lower edge of my stock flaps.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA.
Rod's Trucks
Years of Membership: Rod's Trucks has been a member for 1 full year
Topics: 32
Alias (AKA): Rod and/or WE7X
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: Forest Green LS AWD

Postby Diablo_deth [OP] » January 2nd 2021, 7:27am

Thanks you MarkMitch and Rod J
I will try the JY and if that dont work out, I will try to Rubber Sheets from Home Depot.
I am in Everett, WA, Rod J, do you know of any good and relatable shops in my area ?
Original Poster [OP]
Diablo_deth
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2000