Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

The Tran- lifted V8, photos loaded

6K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  jinmajay 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It's hard to keep up with both sites, so I will just copy it on both so everyone can see. Here is my little photoshop of it, need some offroading tires on there though right? Can't wait to see your project completed, I will be curious how you finish it all off.

#4 ·
Was it the one with the goats or chickens. If it is a rooster than you don't know how right you are. My wift can't go in the barn without me. I got two of the meanest roosters around! :devil: They are still young but when they get their spir's we will have to fence them in or put them on the table!

#5 ·
I know it has been a very long time... Back on track now. I have the subframe painted and most of the items put back together. I took the front diff to a shop to get them to torque the pinion nut and it will be ready for the axles and installation. I have got the long list together for the engine build (383 stroker) and will find my old post on that topic and share.

I have been off work with ankle surgery for 4 weeks and I have had time to do a little painting and part installing. I did upgrade to the 1 ton calipers (did some grinding to clean them up). I have the new torque bar (spring) key's in place witht he new rancho shocks I got from Overland Vans. I don't think I will take this out of the garage when it's done. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
j

#12 ·
Those are great looking pictures jinmajay, thanks for posting them.

#15 ·
It's amazing how some people can do that kind of work. Something I have never really been able to do (fabricating). Great job jinmajay, Please keep us updated with your project.:)

#17 ·
Did the tank come like that JJ, or did you spray it down with a coating of some kind? If you did, could you give me the name of the product you used? Looks great, Thanks.:)

#19 ·
Matrixx said:
Did the tank come like that JJ, or did you spray it down with a coating of some kind? If you did, could you give me the name of the product you used? Looks great, Thanks.:)
I sand blasted the tank and then primmed it with Eastwoods rust encapslator. I will follow up with a coat of Eastwoods chassis black.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?...DUCT&path=1,2,372,373,374&KickerID=414&KICKER

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=128&itemType=PRODUCT

Good stuff to work with. If you look at the shutterfly site, you can see the whole subframe painted in the Chassis black.

#21 ·
Hey jimmy, arent you worried bout the HP your gonna lose running the A/C compressor??? :rofl: Really that is totally AWESOME...and the dual TBI, what an idea...its got my wheels squeakin, I think my next big project will also be a 383, someday. anyway your project is really impressive... :coolphotos:

#22 ·
generaljake01 said:
Hey jimmy, arent you worried bout the HP your gonna lose running the A/C compressor??? :rofl: Really that is totally AWESOME...and the dual TBI, what an idea...its got my wheels squeakin, I think my next big project will also be a 383, someday. anyway your project is really impressive... :coolphotos:
I was shooting for hot hot class (what is it 1HP per 10 lbs of car?) someone mentioned a dual TBI and I couldn't get it out of my head. Estimates are up to 600 HP not considering the AWD system/loss. :layrubber:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.