Switch to full site
Anything to do with the outer exterior of your van. Discuss all body modifications and repairs including fenders and bumpers, hoods and grilles, or doors and windows. All body related things like body panels and handles, wipers and roof racks, mirrors and trim.
Post a reply

safari exterior door handles

January 15th 2010, 7:24am

Hello all,

I have a 1993 Safari with only 88,000 miles, i bought used in october 09 and then became a member here....

Ive been a member for maybe 3 months, and thought it was time to ask a question..i have seen topics before on this but not what im after unless i just missed it?

On my safari on both driver and passenger doors the exterior door handle is pointed in towards the door, and theres hardly room to get your fingers under the handle to pull it open, they both work fine but look "goofy", as well as dont have much room.

Are they broken and i need new ones, or is there an adjustment so they have more room and look flat to the door instead of pointing in towards the door, they dont flop around, and nothing seems loose, its cold here and i havent messed with them yet but thought maybe i'll ask before i dive in and see whats wrong when it warms up outside.

Thanks,
Randy

Re: safari exterior door handles

January 15th 2010, 10:55pm

Can you take a picture of it?

If my memory serves me correctly, there is a tiny little tab on the inside that prevents the handle from rotating all the way around. Maybe this is what is broken.

Re: safari exterior door handles

January 15th 2010, 11:49pm

This seems normal to me.
I had the same thought when I first saw an Astro. That it looked like it was broken.
But they are suppose to look that way.

Take a picture and post it.

/Ola
Post a reply