Boddy Cladding & Rockers

Boddy Cladding & Rockers

Postby 95-1ton [OP] » February 10th 2010, 5:38pm

so i've been drooling over the stillen products on sale, and my tax return will be here shortly so i plan on getting a set of glass rockers for my '00 AWD... it currently has the plastic on it, and running boards... i'm planning on taking off the boards since, well, they're useless... i'd like to keep the plastic cladding, but the question i have is this: can i keep the plastic AND run the new rocker covers...? it looks like the rockers stop low enought to keep the stock cladding, but i'm not 100% sure...

My Astro side:

Stillen Rocker Covers:

Xenon rear bumper:

i'm going to remove the badges on the sides and rear doors, and paint the new 'glass stuff silver... might look into a new front bumper, dunno yet - but it does need to be repainted...i'm also getting a ball-cap visor from another vanner, hope to blue-color-match that too... the only reason i'm thinking of going with the rocker covers is just 'cuz having the cladding stop with a slit of rocker panel 'might' look stupid... but i could also search some local J/Y's for the full-side flares and rocker covers off of some conversion vans... thanks for any input...
2000 AWD Astro... GU6 3.42 gears, Cadet Blue Met... Blue on Blue - and I hate Blue...! slowly getting a Gray interior...
Original Poster [OP]
95-1ton
Fueling (Full tank)
Fueling (Full tank)
Years of Membership: 95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years95-1ton has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 10
Alias (AKA): Ryan
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS 4.3 AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Boddy Cladding & Rockers

Postby Mr_Bowtie » February 14th 2010, 11:11pm

I say go for it. It looks like they would come right up to the bottom of the doors, should look right at home on there. I like that rear bumper....GM should have done something more like that.
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4