Switch to full site
Anything to do with the outer exterior of your van. Discuss all body modifications and repairs including fenders and bumpers, hoods and grilles, or doors and windows. All body related things like body panels and handles, wipers and roof racks, mirrors and trim.
Post a reply

power door locks stick on driver's door and rear door.

February 22nd 2010, 5:39am

What is the easy way to correct a sticky power door lock? It'll lock just fine. Nice and strong think when it locks. But unlocking is another story. I can hit the unlock button 100 times, and it barely budges. I end up having to use the key to unlock the doors.

Re: power door locks stick on driver's door and rear door.

February 22nd 2010, 5:42am

Could be a bent rod or just dirty or broken rod connections, old grease that has gotten hard.

February 22nd 2010, 5:57am

PB Blaster works well. Start by spraying into lock latch while door is open.

February 22nd 2010, 6:09am

Astroplane wrote:PB Blaster works well. Start by spraying into lock latch while door is open.

Do you have to grease it afterwords?

February 22nd 2010, 6:29am

I usually put a dab of heavy grease on the door handle lever/hinge pins but not until I get the entire system working smoothly. The door lock solenoid usually frees up OK after the bath.

March 29th 2010, 9:54pm

I would find a dry lube spray to relube the linkages after you are done cleaning. That way you don't have to worry about dirty, dried, cold pivot points in the future...clean and lubed is the way to go!
Post a reply