Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

PU Canopy for raised Astro Roof

8K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
Just saw an astro van that used a pickup truck canopy for a raised roof on an astro did not look to good but not to bad ether and their are plenty of free PU Canopies on CL may be an affordable way to raise the roof wont be the first wild roof raising on a vehicle...

pucanopyastro.jpg

See less See more
#8 ·
There used to be a guy on Lincoln Blvd, just north of Manchester, who was famous for mating cars together. He'd typically start with a school bus. Weld a VW buss or Beetle on top of that. Gave it a "RR Gondola Car" effect. He knocked them out really fast. Some restaurant chain bought one of his creations and turned it into a cafe next to Randy's Donuts.

I would imagine both are gone now. Heart of the Ghetto, just two blocks from Tray land at 83rd and Fig.

Lump

#9 ·
Um....thanks for sharing? LoL That thing looks scary WITHOUT getting into the plethora of aerodynamic issues that come to mind.
But hey, it isn't mine and I'm guessing that it's paid for so whatever floats your dinghy, I guess.
-Mike-

#14 ·
Having spent the weekend in my van, I'm not happy with my conversion bed situation and think this could be a good idea. You'd just need to find one with a decent slope that you can put at the front and tall enough so you can just cut an access hole and sleep on the roof. The camper high tops they make for these vans are effin ugly as sin too so why spend 4 grand on one?

#16 ·
bunce1260 said:
The camper high tops they make for these vans are effin ugly as sin too so why spend 4 grand on one?
Not as ulgy as that horrible beast in the OP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.