1999 astro cargo build thread

Forum rules
Build topics only! Members are allowed one topic per vehicle in this forum. Topics may only be started by the vehicle owner but all are welcome to reply to the authors project thread.

Re: 1999 astro cargo build thread

Postby Leeann_93 » February 3rd 2021, 3:11am

stent wrote:the desktop screen of the moment..........
bwine1.jpg

sixsix wrote:... and a phone with a cord!
And those are some Mighty Fine Gaskets you got there, sonny boy...

i did a wider angle pic this time to get the phone in. RCA in basic black.....
i thought that as many people as get the lower intake leak i'd put in good closeup pics of the fel-pro gasket set to see what you get in the box. the new manifold bolts are a separate buy, i got them just because they come with thread sealer already on them.
Leeann_93 wrote:

On a nice older iMac, too (she says looking at the pic on her 27" iMac)

check out the keyboard - it's from the solid white series prior to this one and has the clickety-clack keys.

the desktop screen of the moment..........
bwine1.jpg

sixsix wrote:... and a phone with a cord!
And those are some Mighty Fine Gaskets you got there, sonny boy...

i did a wider angle pic this time to get the phone in. RCA in basic black.....
i thought that as many people as get the lower intake leak i'd put in good closeup pics of the fel-pro gasket set to see what you get in the box. the new manifold bolts are a separate buy, i got them just because they come with thread sealer already on them.
[quote="Leeann_93"]

Dear God...Thunderbird and Night Train...haven't seen that since I was in college and worked at the 'low rent' liquor store in town :shock:

I did see the keyboard. I killed my last one like that spewing beer while laughing at something on here...who knows what at this point. I have a chiclet key rechargeable bluetooth keyboard now. I still prefer the clickety-clack keys, but they're hard to find.

I have two -T Fel-Pro gasket sets here I got on clearance. Cheaper for the 2 than 1 at regular price. Have to do them on my '05 soon, but the other set isn't yet spoken for (the '00 had them done not long before we bought it). Yeah, that was an impulse click.
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 44
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Postby stent [OP] » February 9th 2021, 10:06pm

just the desktop screen of the moment and a quickie leak update :
green2.jpg
meat

the intake leak is still plugged :
green.jpg

:rolling:
Original Poster [OP]
stent
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: stent has been a member for 3 full yearsstent has been a member for 3 full yearsstent has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1999
Extra Info: rwd cargo

Postby stent [OP] » Today, 1:46am

another month went by - the coolant leak is still plugged.
the $30.00 bottle of BAR'S LEAKS is amortizing nicely...
i got some more parts i need to take pics of to post here with the part numbers - water pump & radiator hoses; power steering pump & all 3 hoses.
i still plan on getting a higher output alternator but haven't decided on a specific one yet.

notes :
still haven't needed to add any coolant.
i have an Ultragauge OBDII scanner that displays the coolant temp numerically in degrees.
in the cold, colder & coldest weather we've had this winter the temperature is running right around the 180 degree thermostat - the Ultragauge is sensitive enough that you can watch the temp drop when the thermostat opens.
today is shirtsleeve warm & i ran some errands with the coolant temp at 186/188.
all the driving i've done so far with the goop plugging up the leak has been on city streets, but i go all over metro Denver.
no highway driving or high speed blasts.

green4.jpg
current screen pic - nutdriver handles

green3.jpg
tank level on 3-8-21

green6.jpg
Ultragauge OBDII scanner

:wave:
Original Poster [OP]
stent
Years of Membership: stent has been a member for 3 full yearsstent has been a member for 3 full yearsstent has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1999
Extra Info: rwd cargo

Previous