Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Project Ratstro

32K views 106 replies 38 participants last post by  aztec1987 
#1 ·
Project Ratstro, all in all will be a full blown custom. will sit on 20's and 18's chip foose wheels on thin, wide bf goodrich g force rubber. A 402 bbc coupled to a 700r4 built to handle the power, into a ford 9in with 4.11's. axles tubes cut, to fit the new rubber with moser axles cut to length. stainless steel break company (ssbc) break cailpers up front and rear both disc's. air ride on all corners. shaved everything fuel door, locks, handles, license plate relocated to rear roll pan and body line gone. then a 95 front face lift switched to a safari billet grille. will be two toned with ford (c4) blue up top and ford (cx) gun metel grey on bottom, split at the body line under the windows. all suede and leather interior with caddy seats and custome dash that flows into a centerconsole that will go into the rear of the van for the passengers. with alpine type x speakers and subs at all corners with alpine flipout controlling it all. maybe a flip down screen or headrest monitors for passengers.
but enough yapping....
when i bought the van

then into all the work i thought i had more progress pics when i started i must of lost them

See less See more
#3 ·
and some of you might think this guy sucks at taking pics i do......lol and i know,i should have my wheels finally coming by march just in time for my b-day the save a little more for the 4 link, rear bags, and 2x3 steel for the rear backhalf. if the pics look out of place i tried to put them in order of when they happened on the build the first pic is the day of purchase i will try and get it to work. here is a video of the motor on first start up
sry for crappy video
Danny

#10 ·
Thanks for posting...looks awesome!

#11 ·
i can get more pics of the rockers for you.
if you know where the columbus crew stadium is or the ohio state fair is im there. exit 113 off of 71. where you at in cinncy?
i will be posting alot more come spring ive been saving recently and waiting for the cold to break.
Danny

#14 ·
hey everyone just sold my bagged ranger so i should be putting in an order for my wheels come friday! so moboman if you get to stop by i might have my wheels by then.
Danny

#16 ·
my dad is a gm master tech soon (in april) will be a world tech only 1200 and some odd gm techs are in this class. my dad loves to race he and i were talking he said he could never imagined putting this much time into a car. but my friend vance (he hasnt resigned up astromaxx from the old boards) has helped out alot he is a ford deisel tech, and i do paintless dent removal. we have done all the mechanical work and paint prep work only our second try at it. then urp8nt from the old boards is the one laying the color. and thats my team of master minds. we all do it for fun and knowing i will drop anything to help them.
Danny

#18 ·
Thats what I call team work and good friends I wish I had some friends like that. My dad use to love working on cars and I have seen him resurect some dead horses but now its hard to get him out in the garage and all my friends want your help right now but it always seems that they are busy when you want to work on your ride....kudos to you and your friends

#19 ·
thanks all! i have some great friends and i try to treat them right and you know i know to many that said they wish they spent more time with there parents so im just doing it while i have the time!
Danny

#21 ·
right now they are holding up my van. but here in 6 weeks once my wheels are made we can work something out. i just ordered my new rotors so i can change over the a camaro bolt pattern so if i decide to sell my wheels there will be more cars they fit. and next week i will order the tires. i still have 6 weeks before i get the wheels then im gonna paint them then the mount and balance then we take plasma cutter to van!!!!! then we will start the frame the weather is beaking and parts are showing up i cant wait!!!
Danny

#24 ·
thanks man but i can head to my old mans work and its closer lol.
thanks its taken just over a year for that stage but ive been saving and buying all winter so come spring expect big updates.
Danny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.