Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

DomSan Astro Project

30K views 286 replies 33 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 · (Edited)
hi Guys
I would like to introduce you to my astro project.
Here are the pictures of how I picked up the car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Mirror Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive design

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle door Automotive design

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

It is a 1995 Astro Van 4WD
I have some plans for the vehicle as you will see here.
So the car went from the condition had little rust what you could see.

See less See more
#3 ·
doogaloo said:
I bet it's fast...it's red! :lol:
well, everybody knows red is faster. I didn't think I would, but I like the color on an Astro. Looks great, domsan, and it's too bad that once again rot and rust detracts from what is otherwise a bullet-proof vehicle. I hope you find the parts you'll be needing to bring her back.

#5 ·
markmitch said:
Nice! and welcome to the forum, By the way is it AWD or has it been converted to 4x4 already?
In Germany they are called 4WD or 4x4. I know that here is the designation AWD, just didn't pay attention to it when writing
:dance:

#12 · (Edited)
Yes there is a lot of work, especially to get all the color down. I don't want to build a new paint on this paint. that would not go well

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

I am currently working between 4 and 6 hours every day plus weekends all day

i hate rust and holes

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Vehicle door

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wood Amber

Bumper Automotive tire Wood Beam Automotive exterior

how good there is sheet metal and welding equipment :dance:

#16 ·
What a Labor of Love... curious, what is your plan for the Van when 'finished' ?

I am no bodyman or expert or even an amateur, but after seeing your pics and the ones coming - your work looks great.
Some jaw-dropping work there, now. Don't often see those things going on with Vans.
Thanks ( and in advance ) for the pics.

#17 ·
All in!! I love it. I will enjoy watching this. Thanks

#18 ·
Agreed with those above me. I love seeing this kind of stuff happen and go on. While it might long like "black magic" to some, it's just long hours and hard work to others. Some people like doing it (as a kind of therapy), while others make a living out of it. Some real nice work anyway. Keep at it, we love pics.

#19 ·
Thank you for your attention

sixsix said:
What a Labor of Love... curious, what is your plan for the Van when 'finished' ?

I am no bodyman or expert or even an amateur, but after seeing your pics and the ones coming - your work looks great.
Some jaw-dropping work there, now. Don't often see those things going on with Vans.
Thanks ( and in advance ) for the pics.
when i have finished the astro i will drive it, bought the astro to transport my wheelchair. and the astro is simply better to drive in the city. at the end of this resto comes the 84 chevy suburban. it is still in its first state and would like to shine in new splendor again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.