Do goldfish sweat? And van stuff

Forum rules
Build topics only! Members are allowed one topic per vehicle in this forum. Topics may only be started by the vehicle owner but all are welcome to reply to the authors project thread.

Do goldfish sweat? And van stuff

Postby Wokka [OP] » August 25th 2020, 11:02am

Laddies and gentlewomen,
I come to you today from the glorified undercover area I call a garage, 25° 51'N, 55° 35'E where it is currently 39°C with a feels like of 49° (can't be buggered to do the F conversion, needless to say, it is **** hot and I am sweating li6ke a large lady involved in vigorous fornication in a sauna, even my goldfish is sweating! Hmm, how much would a goldfish have to sweat to turn his freshwater brackish? Should I be worried?)
Where was I? Oh yes,

Introducing Gertrude, or Dirty Gurtie as she's known to her friends.

Gertrude was a good girl, driven sedately around the streets of Tokyo, with a tiny little bed in the back and a TV so the previous owner could watch Takeshi's castle (or cartoons involving tentacles, you know the ones dear reader, you naughty, naughty person!) while they at their sushi. Suddenly she found herself auctioned off to the highest bidder and bundled on to a boat to be shipped to her new owner 8500km away in the blistering heat of the middle east. Where she is currently being stripped bare and preparing for new enhancements.
Attachments
20200825_123519.jpg
20200730_100948.jpg
I hate pickles
Original Poster [OP]
Wokka
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Topics: 13
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2001
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LT AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • And so it begins, my van build
    by mglsite » October 17th 2020, 11:02pm in Projects/Builds
    3 Replies
    Last post by mglsite View the latest post
    October 18th 2020, 12:36am
  • Part-Time Camping Work Van "Conversion"
    by acetech09 » October 27th 2020, 8:26pm in Projects/Builds
    1 Replies
    Last post by Evespower View the latest post
    January 9th 2021, 9:54am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    February 25th 2021, 5:47pm

Re: Do goldfish sweat? And van stuff

Postby zzimmer3 » August 25th 2020, 12:24pm

I like those rims!! I'll be standing by to hear the answer to the goldfish dilemma.
1994 2wd, 1998 2wd, 2000 awd, 2001 awd
zzimmer3
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: zzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 67
Alias (AKA): teddybear
Van Model Year: 2000

Postby Wokka [OP] » August 25th 2020, 4:55pm

zzimmer3 wrote:I like those rims!! I'll be standing by to hear the answer to the goldfish dilemma.

I hate them, the backspacing is all screwy and the 225/75's rub like it is a Thai massage parlour. If you like them though, they are free to pick up ;)
I hate pickles
Original Poster [OP]
Wokka
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby sixsix » August 25th 2020, 7:42pm

Wokka wrote:Laddies and gentlewomen,
I come to you today from the glorified undercover area I call a garage, 25° 51'N, 55° 35'E where it is currently 39°C with a feels like of 49° (can't be buggered to do the F conversion, needless to say, it is **** hot and I am sweating like a large lady involved in vigorous fornication in a sauna, even my goldfish is sweating! Hmm, how much would a goldfish have to sweat to turn his freshwater brackish? Should I be worried?)
Where was I? Oh yes ...

Are you on a sandbar, stuck there w/ the van ... going crazy ? ...no big girls

LOL - "Laddies and gentlewomen", large; fornication; sweating; goldfish

...and in 1 post

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Coincidence... IDK :shock:
zzimmer3 wrote:I like those rims!! I'll be standing by to hear the answer to the goldfish dilemma.

zzoldfish.gif
zzoldfish.gif (876 Bytes) Viewed 554 times

"Ban gerrymandering" out 1 side, then says, "We really need to get rid of the electoral college for starters, there is no way in hell that the person that receives fewer votes wins, simply crazy."
So only CAL, ILL & NY Elects

sixsix
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby Wokka [OP] » August 25th 2020, 9:39pm

sixsix wrote:
Wokka wrote:Laddies and gentlewomen,
I come to you today from the glorified undercover area I call a garage, 25° 51'N, 55° 35'E where it is currently 39°C with a feels like of 49° (can't be buggered to do the F conversion, needless to say, it is **** hot and I am sweating like a large lady involved in vigorous fornication in a sauna, even my goldfish is sweating! Hmm, how much would a goldfish have to sweat to turn his freshwater brackish? Should I be worried?)
Where was I? Oh yes ...

Are you on a sandbar, stuck there w/ the van ... going crazy ? ...no big girls

LOL - "Laddies and gentlewomen", large; fornication; sweating; goldfish

...and in 1 post

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Coincidence... IDK :shock:

zzoldfish.gif

The coordinates are an approximation to the nearest degree, which puts it about 40 miles offshore. No wonder my uber eats delivery driver couldn't find the place (I jest, uber doesn't deliver here, no one does...)

Big girls are like vespa's, a hell of a lot of fun to ride, but not something you brag to your mates about.

I do find it funny that words like **** are xxxxxed out, yet I can confidently type "slipping my rigid, pulsating population tool into her moist love cave" and not one word will get blocked.

Woof seems to have chilled out now that i put some ice cubes in his tank, i tasted the water but it doesn't seem any more salty than usual.

Oh, and van stuff.

I attacked the factory plastics with a sawzall, to get rid of the useless bulk. I'll fill the gaping holes with xps and keep a few secret spots so I can fit something exactly the size of a bottle of monkey shoulder whiskey when i travel across borders if they ever open again.

Seriously, there are some drop dead gorgeous places in Oman and Saudi Arabia that I have spent some amazing times in, and can't wait to take Gurtie there
I hate pickles
Original Poster [OP]
Wokka
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby Leeann_93 » August 26th 2020, 11:09pm

You can turn off the filter in your user control panel.

Next, poor Gurtie.

Finally, my husband's cousin is in your neck of the woods (in normal times) for work once or twice a year. I'm not doing the °F conversion either, but as far as I can remember, that's **** hot.
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 44
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby sixsix » August 27th 2020, 3:52am

Leeann_93 wrote: ... I'm not doing the °F conversion either, but as far as I can remember, that's **** hot.

Lazy Bums and Bumettes,

102* - -> 120*

...and that is *** hot, effing hot ( **** hot ). damn swarthy balloon eye goldfish. dirty carp. period

"Ban gerrymandering" out 1 side, then says, "We really need to get rid of the electoral college for starters, there is no way in hell that the person that receives fewer votes wins, simply crazy."

sixsix
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years

Postby Wokka [OP] » September 17th 2020, 3:45pm

Life has gotten in the way, and a silly sprinter conversion, along with a backlog of 14 drawer systems is soaking up my time, so I called in a favour for a shop to do the lift and trans swap for me. Its a favour, so it will be 5 days to do the swap and lift as paying customers take preference, but free is free.

Subframe 3" blocks installed, JOR replacement body bushes done. I will run everything mixed and then run it up my RTI trailer to finalise shock choice. Aiming for 12+ inches travel in the rear with clearance for 31's. Ambitious, yes. But let's see
Attachments
20200917_113553.jpg
I hate pickles
Original Poster [OP]
Wokka
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby Wokka [OP] » September 20th 2020, 5:20pm

Finally got a few hours in,
Backs are lifted, torsions wound up and levelled. I ran it up my RTI ramp without rear shocks to see what kind of natural flex it gets, and was surprised. No surprise however where the fronts "topping out" so armed with some eye to eye measurements for the rear, and some guesstemations for the front, im on the hunt for a shock/ bumpstop /limit strap combo once i fit tyres
Attachments
20200920_162412.jpg
20200920_155223.jpg
20200920_155209.jpg
20200920_154743.jpg
20200920_154735.jpg
I hate pickles
Original Poster [OP]
Wokka
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby sixsix » September 22nd 2020, 10:42pm

That is, literally, an Astro @ every angle.

sixsix

Postby Wokka [OP] » September 24th 2020, 6:31pm

All buttoned up bar one thing. No matter how i read the JOR instructions, I cant match Port 16 with the VSS. In every module I pulled, slot 16 is taken. She's a 2001 model, so I pulled C2, then checked every single other one and 16 is taken in all. Am I a complete idiot or did I just miss something?
I hate pickles
Original Poster [OP]
Wokka
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Alias (AKA):