1989 Cargo Rebuild

Forum rules
Build topics only! Members are allowed one topic per vehicle in this forum. Topics may only be started by the vehicle owner but all are welcome to reply to the authors project thread.

1989 Cargo Rebuild

Postby Slime [OP] » December 4th 2020, 8:21pm

Well, I'm making slow process. Between looking for a new career as I burn through my savings, to say the least has been a challenge. Finally got the new fuel system in. New tank and fuel pump assembly. After a couple days of wrestling with the engine and the hoist , it's in and bolted down. As you can see, I had to build a temporary "Deck" so I could extend the boom out far enough to get everything in and lined up. It's a crazy tight space to do what I'm doing.
I'm ordering parts as I go along and trying to figure out what is missing over the years between when it was parked and now. The weather has been crazy too but it's Tennessee. Next, I need to start routing wires and plugging things back in. I need to make something to prime the oil system just to make sure everything has an oil film before I try to start it. I still need the coil mount and coil. New transmission cooler lines. New belt. Then the bigger ticket items like tires. I think I may use the battery off my car for now. Just to get it runny and run in the new cam and lifters. My goal as of now is to get it running/moving so I can get rid of a storage bill ( I still have another unit with 2 of my 3 motorcycles ) I need to do a big purge. I'll try to keep y'all posted as things move forward. Thanks for all the help and tips.
Attachments
20201123_173209.jpg
20201120_172509.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
Slime
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Slime has been a member for 3 full yearsSlime has been a member for 3 full yearsSlime has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 17
Alias (AKA): slime
Van Model Year: 1989
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Custom Cargo

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: 1989 Cargo Rebuild

Postby Slime [OP] » December 4th 2020, 8:23pm

I have no idea why the pictures are sideways. If you click on them they are correct, but...kinda how my year is going.
Original Poster [OP]
Slime
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Slime has been a member for 3 full yearsSlime has been a member for 3 full yearsSlime has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 17
Alias (AKA): slime
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: Custom Cargo

Re: 1989 Cargo Rebuild

Postby AstroWill » December 4th 2020, 8:40pm

Slime wrote:I have no idea why the pictures are sideways. If you click on them they are correct, but...kinda how my year is going.

It's not you, it's the forum software: https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122977

Personally, if they open right side up, I wouldn't worry about it at all :)

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business. See: Dark Tetrad
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 109
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Extra Info: I love peaches