Mechanic Recommendation for 1991 Provan Tiger GT

Forum rules
Build topics only! Members are allowed one topic per vehicle in this forum. Topics may only be started by the vehicle owner but all are welcome to reply to the authors project thread.

Mechanic Recommendation for 1991 Provan Tiger GT

Postby tran0370 [OP] » January 28th 2021, 6:41pm

I just purchased a 1991 Provan Tiger GT with 60K miles on it. I'm looking to restore and upgrade the suspension.

I am not mechanically inclined and looking for a mechanic with experience with these vehicles to recommend upgrades.

I reached out the the manufacturer and surprisingly they had no advice for me.

Last edited by tran0370 on January 29th 2021, 12:34am, edited 3 times in total.
Original Poster [OP]
tran0370
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): tran0370
Van Model Year: 1991
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Provan Tiger GT

Re: Mechanic Recommendation for 1991 Provan Tiger GT

Postby AstroWill » January 28th 2021, 7:22pm

Welcome to the site! Would love to see some pictures of your GT!

Switching to steel leaf springs will be the way to go. Any mechanic can work on it. It's an Astro van with the back cut off and replaced with a living space. Van wise it's just a regular Astro van, the only thing that might get you is the way they did the bumper extensions. Just make sure to go with the VIN number for the van year, lots of conversions are actually from the year before, AKA it's a 1990 van titled as a 1991 once the conversion was done.

Even most of the RV side is 'standard' off-the-shelf RV parts that you can walk into virtually any RV store and walk out with your parts.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business. See: Dark Tetrad
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: I love peaches